• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Do you ever use the reverse cover for your anime DVD's?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aokage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:53 am Reply with quote
I have noticed that quite a few DVD's these days, have alternate covers on the inside. I'm not sure if this is true of all current DVD anime releases. I do know however that ADV (at least for Chrono Crusade) and Geneon, do this. I personally find that the alternate covers have more interesting artwork to them. So my Ikkitousen and Paranoia Agent covers are all alternate side out. How about the rest of you?
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:57 am Reply with quote
I do. I did it with Ai Yori Aoshi, Azumanga Daioh, Please Teacher, and I did it for a time with Full Metal Panic!, but in order to match Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu's cover, I put the cover on Full Metal Panic back the to way it was when it was on the shelves at the store.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:56 am Reply with quote
For some odd reason, the Security Labels on alot of Geneon product always rips the covers when i'm trying to remove the label. It's like the machines are set wrong when they insert the covers, and the label catches it.

Thank the stars that Geneon usually has reverseable covers.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:05 am Reply with quote
I've only ever done that for Neo Ranga so as to get the original uncensored artwork Embarassed
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:33 am Reply with quote
I flipped my covers for FMP! too. They look kind of awkward sitting in the box that I won from AoD, but I sill like the character covers more than the arm slave covers. I think it fits the series better. I also flipped the cover for the Rurouni Kenshin movie and OVAs so they don't show that "Samurai X" thing on the outside. The alternate Chrono Crusade covers are just stupid.
SpikesGrrl
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:25 am Reply with quote
I have Peacemaker and it has a reversable cover, I didn't reverse mine, but I could Very Happy

Mary
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:43 am Reply with quote
Yep, there are a number that I've got filpped. Full Metal Panic (I don't have the box), Onegai Teacher, First season of Mahoromatic, the Kenshin OVA's, and the aforementioned Chrono Crusade. To be perfectly honest, I like the CC alternate covers better than the original ones for some reason, regardless of how one3rd might feel about them. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Aokage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:26 am Reply with quote
I used to have the first volume of Chrono Crusade. I liked the alternate artwork better as well. I mean the normal cover with Chrono and (I wanna caller her Sister Maggy) the nun, is pretty decent. I mean Chrono is in full form, and she has guns blazing. But I like the dress she is wearing in the alternate cover. So I used to use that side too.
zaphdash

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:34 am Reply with quote
I don't really care about cover art that much, but I flip some of them. My Gundam 0080 DVDs are flipped, for instance. The alternate art on those is the art from the Japanese release, which I think is a lot better than the main art on the American ones. I think I also flipped at least one of my FLCLs, but I don't remember. Just glancing across the room at them, volume one is yellow, two is pink, three is white; not sure if any of those are the alternates or not, and I'm too lazy to get up and check.

I also flipped the art on all my ADV Kenshin discs, because "Samurai X" is a terrible name for anything.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:46 am Reply with quote
I flip for just about all the ADV covers, which is pretty already cover to include Super Milk Chan, Final Fantasy Unlimited, Steel Angle Kumai, and Rune Soldier, and half of Bandai and Geneon covers: Please Teacher, GateKeepers, Ai Yori Aoishi, ROD TV, Chobits. By half of them, I mean sometimes the cover that was top side is alittle nicer then other side, but that's pretty rare.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:12 am Reply with quote
I use the reversable covers with the Samurai X dvd's to change them to Rurroni (sp?) Kenshin, since that is their proper name.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:21 am Reply with quote
Yeah I use the reverse cover for the Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X DVDs. I do it because I think the artwork looks a little better.
Saotome Ranma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:33 am Reply with quote
The only one I've seen with a reverse cover was DNAngel, which is by ADV so it apperantly makes sense. They were someone else's so i couldn't flip them if I wanted to.
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:30 pm Reply with quote
DemonEyesLeo wrote:
Yeah I use the reverse cover for the Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X DVDs. I do it because I think the artwork looks a little better.

I did that too. For the artwork and to see the proper title. I also flipped the cover for the *one* FMP! DVD I got for Christmas, which I kinda want to sell now in order to get the whole cheap boxset from ADV with a clear conscience. I also flipped the cover on my Colorful DVD, although to be honest it doesn't really matter which side is facing out. Wink Finally, I flipped the cover for Voices of a Distant Star to show She and Her Cat, because I like that short more out of the two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I do with my magical shopping arcade abonabashi, is that spelled right?, and also with Ikki tousen. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3