• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
First Naruto U.S VA found

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zack26
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I also have news on the first actor for the upcoming U.S rendition of Naruto, which's set to premiere later this fall in Toonami. According to Naruto Fan member; NamaeX. They said that Steven Jay Blum will be doing voice work for Kakashi. Naruto's team leader.
coldspider

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote
If it's true,it's pretty much what Naruto fans and anyone who's familiar with english VAs were wishing for.Kakashi is that same laid-back kind of cool that Steven Jay Blum has performed so well with other characters like Spike Spiegel and Roger Smith.

That is,if he is the VA for those two characters.^^; I still get confused with that whole Steven Jay Blum/David Lucas thing.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Zack26 wrote:
I also have news on the first actor for the upcoming U.S rendition of Naruto, which's set to premiere later this fall in Toonami. According to Naruto Fan member; NamaeX. They said that Steven Jay Blum will be doing voice work for Kakashi. Naruto's team leader.

anime#1825

Steven Blum as Kakashi Hatake

Yeah, this is in the encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
msi435

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:33 pm Reply with quote
That's good, I feel as though his voice would fit well with kakishi. He's good at that whole relaxed undertone thing. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote
coldspider wrote:

That is,if he is the VA for those two characters.^^; I still get confused with that whole Steven Jay Blum/David Lucas thing.

It has to do with the fact that Steve Jay Blum is a member of the SAG.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:59 am Reply with quote
Not a bad choice. Now on to the more difficult children roles. Wink
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:41 am Reply with quote
I'd still like to see the official word on this (or where this info is coming from, Naruto Fan doesn't cut it with me) before I believe it. Only about a week ago he didn't know what character he was doing.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NinjaGunslinger55

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:17 am Reply with quote
As much as I love Steven Jay Blum's work(especially as Shishio in RuroKen), I think he's doing too much VA work.

He did someone in s-CRY-ed, Spike in Bebop, and Mugen in SamCham!!!

And I know he does a lot more!!!

But,nonetheless, I think he'll do great as Kakashi!!!
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Zack26 wrote:

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!

it's funny cause i've never even seen the anime, but reading the manga i've always thought Lucas/Blum would be the perfect voice actor to play him. that's awesome.

i wonder who they're gonna get to play Gaara. i can't even think of anyone that would fit him, excpet for maybe Chuck Huber
coldspider

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote
-Scott McNeil
-Brian Drummond
-Kirby Morrow
-Richard Cox

Just a handful of VAs I'm always trying to pair up with Naruto characters.Brian Drummond might make a good Orochimaru and Kirby Morrow could be a good fit for Kabuto.Seems like Richard Cox has to be one of the kids but I honestly have no idea who Scott McNeil would play.Gai maybe? 0o
Nionel

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Okay, the other notable things that weren't pointed out from that news post were that Vic Mignogna is trying to get a role in Naruto, and apprently Vic said Naruto has been cast but he didn't recognize the person's name from anywhere...

In sadder news, Scott McNeil apprently confirmed that the dub for Naruto is being recorded at the LA studio which, if memory serves, was the same studio where the Zatch Bell dub was recorded...
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Nionel wrote:
In sadder news, Scott McNeil apprently confirmed that the dub for Naruto is being recorded at the LA studio which, if memory serves, was the same studio where the Zatch Bell dub was recorded...

Meaning no Ocean Studios VAs.

However, if given the right casting, I'm sure those ZRO Limit/Bang Zoom!/(whatever they are now) VAs can do a pretty decent job, at least.

I have to say though, I haven't heard many other titles dubbed by that group of people with a lot of child characters in them, so this should be intersting.

Anyway, I think Michelle Ruff would be good for Ino. One good quality I've come to hear from Ms. Ruff over the years is her ability to sound real stuck up and snobby for a lot of her roles (even when she's not suppose to Anime smallmouth).

As long as Wendee Lee isn't playing one of those kids, it should be fine. I remember two roles where she played high school girls and both roles sounded very unnatural and a little outside of her range. I like her voice a lot when she sticks with her Faye voice, so maybe she could be Tsunade.

I'd also like to nominate Kari Wahlgren for Sakura. Her range is very good and I think her Robin voice (with a little more emotion) would be good.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In sadder news, Scott McNeil apprently confirmed that the dub for Naruto is being recorded at the LA studio which, if memory serves, was the same studio where the Zatch Bell

Blech. Well, they could maybe make due with that group if they cast the roles more appropriately, but it still sounds scary. I really hate the "studio system" with anime VA. They should just do what Warner Bros. does and get the BEST voices for each part, regardless of whether they're in your personal stable or not.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I'd still like to see the official word on this (or where this info is coming from, Naruto Fan doesn't cut it with me) before I believe it. Only about a week ago he didn't know what character he was doing.

Emerje

It was announced at Anime North.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Windee Lee needs to voice Sakura.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2