• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How many times do you usually watch your Anime?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgreater1

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Konnichi wa Minna~san - Ok, let's get to the point. How many times do you usually watch your Anime?

Well, for me, just one if I get the point of the story, twice to confirm something about the story - three and above means I really really like that anime that it takes time for me to get bored watching it again and again.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Once through for everything at least, then it goes on my shelf and becomes part of my collosial DVD library and then whenever I'm bored I go and pick something out I haven't seen in a while. I've been rewatching Witch Hunter Robin lately.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quote
At least twice, once for the sub, once for the dub. If I see it again it must be one of my favorites.
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:13 pm Reply with quote
It definitely depends on the anime. More often than not, like maybe 90% of the time, I’ll only watch something all the way through once. If I loved it, It’ll be more. There are some series I watch over and over, and some I can barely get through even once. Also, I’m definitely more likely to re-watch a shorter series, for obvious reasons. But then I’ve been through the 70 episode Cardcaptor Sakura at least 5 times, so... Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
KitsuneHiei

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:41 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by KitsuneHiei on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
El Oso

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:36 am Reply with quote
Once, twice, maybe three times for most anime. If I'm really bored I'll watch the series again dubbed for shits n' giggles. There are a few I can watch many times over. Typically any anime that I can always catch something I missed in previous viewings, like Boogiepop Phantom. That or Ebichu, that always makes me laugh no matter how many times I see it.
Aokage

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:39 am Reply with quote
It usually depends. Most anime I only see once, such as DBZ. But if it is something I found truly enjoyable, I may try and get my friends involved as well. Such as Sakura Diaries. That was the first anime I showed my exgirlfriend, so I could get her into anime. So I have seen that twice. I've seen Guyver multiple times though, just because I love that series.
msi435

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:47 am Reply with quote
I rarely go back and watch a series again. I have so much anime to go through that I’m like a machine; once a series is done I hop right into another one, and so on and so fourth. There only series I've take a point to watch multiple times is cowboy bebop and trigun. I really want to watch saikano and hibane ramnei again but I don't have the time to go back to them, I’m just too busy watching new material! Later on in life when I finally reach the bottom of my anime pit I will go back and re-watch some of my favorites.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Trickstr

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:15 am Reply with quote
I'll usually rewatch a series unless I really didn't like it at all.
If I rewatch I usually will rewatch it with a freind.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:21 am Reply with quote
That is a tough one... but at least two to three times for most of the stuff I buy; once for myself, once with a friend, and occasionally once with the anime club. For things I enjoy immensely? That goes into the five times plus range, which doesn't happen too often.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Twice usually, subbed and dubbed versions. After that I'll typically rewatch my favorite epsiodes, or episodes that I can't remember. Or I'll rewatch an entire series with friends or at an anime club. Also if I went a long time without watching a series I'll rewatch it. So, all in all I'll probably watch each series about 3 times at any given length of time.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I like rewatching movies, OAVs, and short series for the most part (13 episodes). I also like to rewatch some of the 26+ episode series every now and then, but only if I really like them.

I've seen each of the first 62 episodes, the movie, and first OAV of Rurouni Kenshin at least 3 times now (my favorite anime franchise by the way), while most of my other top 5 TV series I've seen at least twice.

The titles I've seen the most are probably anime movies. I think I've seen Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, Ninja Scroll, the original Vampire Hunter D, and a few of the DBZ movies at least half a dozen times each.

I've actually got a lot of time on my hands, but instead of constantly watching and rewatching anime, I usually play a video game here and there (working on Dynasty Warriors 5 right now) or do some school work or house chores in my spare time (I like to keep the house clean Anime catgrin).
Acolyte

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:48 am Reply with quote
First I rent it. I use the rental phase to weed out the titles that don't interest me enough to want to own them.
Then, if I like it, I buy it; and if I've bought it, I rewatch it. What's the point of buying if you don't want to see it repeatedly?! Confused After that, it's usually somewhere between a heap, gob, and a bunch.

For the most part I put something on when I'm working out, something to keep me company and to take my mind off that second set of painful reps: nothing like watching Kyo transform into his "other form" with your head hanging upside down on the bench(press). Laughing (then again, some anime make a lot more sense to me with my head hanging upside down and all the blood rushing there... Shocked )
beast

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:50 am Reply with quote
I don't rewatch anime (unless in the company of friends). There are just too many good anime out there that I haven't seen yet and our time on earth is limited. ;o
Silver_Foxfire

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Most things I watch I see at least 2-3 times, if not more, because I show them to my mom and my friends. Sometimes that's really fun; other times it can be boring (especially if it's a series that was just 'good' or if it's my 4th or 5th time). In the latter case I sometimes read manga or something while my friend(s) is/are watching it. By myself, I usually don't repeat stuff too much (too many new things to see Anime smile ), but I do occasionally watch favorite episodes or arcs over again if I'm really in the mood for them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2