• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
BECK : Taira Bass Guitar

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mongolianchopsquad

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:10 am Reply with quote
anyone know any details about Taira's Bass guitar? did he use an electric based bass or a normal bass? can anyone tell if its electric based or not through experience? im guessing it is since its for a band...it would need to be hooked up to an amp or something...PLEASE HELP WITH INFO!!
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:22 am Reply with quote
Taira plays a Music Man Stingray. I have the five-string version myself. Chances are, Taira's is an Ernie Ball era Stringray since EB bought out MM in 1984.
mongolianchopsquad

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:23 am Reply with quote
ah i see...so its electrc based..thought it would be, thanks for the info..ill consider buying the same if i can find it anywhere.
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote
It's pretty expensive, so you probably wouldn't want to just buy one casually or as part of a collection unless you have a lot of money to burn. Also, almost all bass guitars are electric. If it's not, then it will look like an acoustic guitar, but even then will probably be acoustic/electric.
mongolianchopsquad

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:13 pm Reply with quote
have any recommendations for any guitars i should buy that arent too expensive and could privde me with some good sound?
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:03 am Reply with quote
Follow your ears. The first bass that I got after my crappy starter bass was my Stingray, so I don't have much experience with anything else. And you shouldn't be like Koyuki and decide on a guitar without playing it or hearing how it sounds.
mongolianchopsquad

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:15 am Reply with quote
ah, yeah thats true, my first bass will probably not suit me as much as my second..and im considering taking acoustic for a year or so then switching back to bass..but i think its uneccasary
mongolianchopsquad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:33 pm Reply with quote
yeah i want to get a Stingray5 ,white color, white pickguard, maple neck without piezo but im not sure, im almost 100% sure no shop around me has it in stock, but i was wondering if anyone knew how i could get it, and if musicman does ship worldwide, how would i contact them etc. HELP PLEASE
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1