• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira not connected

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aoi_Sakaraba

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote
The current running OAV Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira isn't connected to its series and or OAV predecessors at all yet, on the whole listing thing.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:23 am Reply with quote
The news article says "The first volume will adapt the original software's Batsukoishi-hen storyline, while the remaining volumes will have all-new original stories." which suggests that the first episode at least is a side-story.

The WTK wiki says

Quote:
Originally called Otsukaresama-kai, Batsukoishi-hen (罰恋し編, Penalty Loving Chapter) is an extra story that originally came as an epilogue to Meakashi-hen. It was ultimately dropped from following chapters because it was too silly and irrelevant to the rest of the story.

The story is essentially a boys-against-girls battle, with the club punishment games as the main weapon. Being that the boys side is severely lacking in members, Maebara Keiichi finds himself backed up by the other "Soul Brothers", a group consisting of himself, Oishi Kuraudo, Irie Kyousuke, and Tomitake Jirou.

Meakashi-hen is part of Kai making the first episode fit best as a side-story of the Kai anime so for now that it where I have put it, but what are the other three episode? From what little I can find they sound more like spinoffs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1