• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
inuyasha

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabishii_kage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:24 am Reply with quote
im just wondering has inuyasha ended its series yet? i heard its the longest anime because it hasn't even ended...all i know that inuysha and kagome fight and get the shikon (spelled wrong i know) shards but did they ever completed it? Confused
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:34 am Reply with quote
Yes, Inuyasha ended about 6 months ago, and Inuyasha with 167 episodes (and about 4 movies) is nowhere near the longest anime. That title goes to Sazea-san for longest running (since 1969) and Doreamon for the most number of episodes (over 2000 episodes).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:45 am Reply with quote
That's right, the ending stinks.

spoiler[ They don't defeat Naraku, they don't put the Shikon no Tama back together, and they make a promise at the end of the episode to "keep on fighting" or something lame like that. Then they thank the audience for supporting them over the last 4 years, and then show a really short trailer for the 4th movie.]

What a waste. The show had great potential with all the Naraku hunting or Sesshoumaru episodes, but this? You call this an ending? Shame...
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:03 am Reply with quote
Got to leave those openings for OVAs and Movies to start pouring out close to the end of the manga series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:30 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
That's right, the ending stinks.

spoiler[ They don't defeat Naraku, they don't put the Shikon no Tama back together, and they make a promise at the end of the episode to "keep on fighting" or something lame like that. Then they thank the audience for supporting them over the last 4 years, and then show a really short trailer for the 4th movie.]

What a waste. The show had great potential with all the Naraku hunting or Sesshoumaru episodes, but this? You call this an ending? Shame...

Well, the manga isn't done yet, so the only other option for an ending would be to have the studio create its own ending (Hellsing) or spoiler[have no real ending]. It's probably a good thing that they chose the latter option.
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:17 am Reply with quote
Better than Ranma, which didn't even end >.>
Americanman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:23 am Reply with quote
So after Naraku disappears, thats it. They never find him? What about the romance between Inuyasha and kagome, Miroku and Sango?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:36 am Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Well, the manga isn't done yet, so the only other option for an ending would be to have the studio create its own ending (Hellsing) or spoiler[have no real ending]. It's probably a good thing that they chose the latter option.

True. I suppose having an open ending is better than just stopping the whole series in its tracks like Gonzo did to Hellsing. But I guess after 4 years, I felt this was a bad place to leave off at.

I suppose the idea of additional movies and OAVs aren't too bad, though. They'd be shorter than what would fit in a TV series run, but the production quality would be much higher. I'll take that, then Anime smallmouth.

Americanman wrote:
So after Naraku disappears, thats it. They never find him? What about the romance between Inuyasha and kagome, Miroku and Sango?

spoiler[Nothing happens, AT ALL. They just smile for the camera, have inner monologues stating their reason to keep fighting, and run towards the sunset.]

Last edited by Tony K. on Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Americanman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote
Why does Anime do that? They have a great show with characters that have feelings for eachother and just cut the show. Thats stupid. Do they even think about what the fans would like to see?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
Americanman wrote:
Why does Anime do that? They have a great show with characters that have feelings for eachother and just cut the show. Thats stupid. Do they even think about what the fans would like to see?

Well the thing about long running series like this one is the fact that companies have put in a lot of money over the years. And on top of that, most anime usually get ahead of the manga.

In this case, if the fans and producers want to at least try to get as much of the original story, they'll have to wait for the manga to either finish or get to a good enough spot that they can make more episodes from.

My guess is that Rumiko Takahashi is nearing the end of the manga, but Sunrise doesn't want to put anymore money in the show until she's finished, hence the open ending I was talking about.

When she finishes, perhaps Sunrise will plan to make a plethora of spinoff movies and OAVs to continue the relevant parts of the story and finally give the franchise a proper ending.

But until then, we'll just have to be patient and wait to see how things turn out.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Americanman wrote:

Nothing happens, AT ALL. They just smile for the camera, have inner monologues stating their reason to keep fighting, and run towards the sunset.

In all honesty, that was exactly how I had expected it to end upon hearing that it was going to end.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:33 pm Reply with quote
ryokoalways wrote:
Better than Ranma, which didn't even end >.>

The company, Kitty Media, went out of business right after producing the last OVA.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:30 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Tony K. wrote:
Americanman wrote:
spoiler[So after Naraku disappears, thats it. They never find him? What about the romance between Inuyasha and kagome, Miroku and Sango?]

spoiler[Nothing happens, AT ALL. They just smile for the camera, have inner monologues stating their reason to keep fighting, and run towards the sunset].

In all honesty, that was exactly how I had expected it to end upon hearing that it was going to end.

Question. How is this not a massive spoiler?

Last edited by The Frankman on Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:07 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
Question. How is this not a massive spoiler?

Sorry. It's not a really important spoiler, and the way I see it most fans will probably be dissapointed anyway. So it's best to know now rather than waste your time downloading, watching on Adult Swim, or buying the DVD the first day it comes out just so you know what happens.

I did go back and cover it on my post though, as a courtesy. If a mod or the original person that quoted me could go back and do the same, I'd be much obliged Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop.
ChibiNeko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:12 pm Reply with quote
i love inuyasha it is a great show
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2