• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Any one get this?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
To: TOEI Animation
With the recent resurgence of Dragon Ball popularity in Japan due to the Manga re-release, new video games, action figures, and other Dragon Ball merchandise, as well as the continually growing popularity of the phenomenal anime series in North America, Europe, and several other countries around the world, the time is now for a new series to be created.

This Anime series is too loved and adored by fans all over the world to be forgotten. We are asking you, TOEI Animation, the company responsible for bringing us this great Anime, give the fans what we hunger, give us more Dragon Ball, please do not pass up on this perfect opportunity to take advantage of the worldwide popularity and bring us a new Dragon Ball series.

Sincerely,

unsigned.

I got this email from some person. It actualy came with a "click here to sign pertition" button. What are your thought on this and has anyone else gotten one?
Laruto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
Quote:
To: TOEI Animation
With the recent resurgence of Dragon Ball popularity in Japan due to the Manga re-release, new video games, action figures, and other Dragon Ball merchandise, as well as the continually growing popularity of the phenomenal anime series in North America, Europe, and several other countries around the world, the time is now for a new series to be created.

This Anime series is too loved and adored by fans all over the world to be forgotten. We are asking you, TOEI Animation, the company responsible for bringing us this great Anime, give the fans what we hunger, give us more Dragon Ball, please do not pass up on this perfect opportunity to take advantage of the worldwide popularity and bring us a new Dragon Ball series.

Sincerely,

unsigned.

I got this email from some person. It actualy came with a "click here to sign pertition" button. What are your thought on this and has anyone else gotten one?

The funny thing is yesterday I started a thread asking if Toei ever made a new series of Dragonball, would funimation get it considering that it is a new series. I hope they do make a new series and totally kick ass with it but I don't want them to have lame animation because now adaystoei animation skills for shounen lack viewing eyes(Besides one Piece and pretty cure) I would love for it to happen but this is just a fan writting a letter to make them do something which is not going to happen.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, a "Petition Online" petition written in clunky English. That'll change their minds and get a new series produced fer shure! Rolling Eyes

"Continually growing"? I thought the popularity had peaked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I got something in my Hotmail account with the word "Dragon Ball" in the title...didn't recognise the name of the sender, so I took it as spam and promptly deleted it without even bothering to open it. It was probably this, in which case I'm still glad I deleted it. Dragon Ball GT & all the DBZ mini-arcs (Garlic Jr., et al) are solid proof that any extra Dragon Ball series branching outside of Toriyama's established canon simply wouldn't fly (another movie or two maybe, but even those were very hit-or-miss).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I was going to make this thread because I got it too and was disgusted. Why would would anyone want more Dragonball? Let it die for goodness sake!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Laruto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:20 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
I was going to make this thread because I got it too and was disgusted. Why would would anyone want more Dragonball? Let it die for goodness sake!

I guess One Piece(Dragon Ball) and Naruto (Dragon Ball Z) isn't enough for them. Confused
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:24 pm Reply with quote
LOL, not only is the petition itself hysterical, but the content of the petition is amazingly funny. "Hey!! Please spend millions of dollars creating a show for the sole purpose of a bunch of Americans who I'm sure will mostly download the fansubs if they're dumb enough to sign this anyway!!!"

Brilliant.

Now where are they harvesting the emails from, I wonder?
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I got it. Twice. I have no idea where they're grabbing the emails from. I just kinda laughed at it and deleted it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I have an idea of where I might have been put on a list but I don't think I'm allowed to say it.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I deleted mine. Twisted Evil

I should block that e-mail address as well. Rolling Eyes
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
"Continually growing"? I thought the popularity had peaked.

Me too.

I haven't deleted it yet cause I just haven gotten around to it. But I think it is really funny. The funny thing about it is that there is only 662 people on the petition. WHoA? Man they should totaly spend $125973223452345ag23452tgsbnba1`423tw31df6vsd on a new DBZ series Rolling Eyes

Oh my sides are spliting, can anyone see my kidneys?

No, seriously, I lost them... Smile
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Actually it's 668 and I haven't deleted it because it's amusing.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I have gotten other anime related spam as well. Good thing I don't use my main email address to join websites.

This might be a solution:

Always show my e-mail address: Yes No

In the words of Nancy Reagan: Just say no.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1