• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The New Tenchi Muyo OVA - cation spoiler!!!!!!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKOrtega

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quote
A year ago I had heard that they were planning on making a continuation to the Tenchi Muyo OAVs. However, the OAVs seemed to be on hiatus, so I stopped paying close attention to it. But just now, I've heard that at some on the new Tenchi OAVs have appeared, continuing the saga of Tokimi andspoiler[ introducing a new Tenchi girl.] So I've decided to seek out the information for myself, and see just what people can tell me.

I want to know EVERYTHING about the 3rd Tenchi OAV series, from spoiler[the plot of the goddesses], to (especially) who Tenchi finally chooses. If no Tenchi girl is chosen, at least give me some idea of any further developments in their relationship with our Jurai heir. Don't worry about spoiling the plot: I WANT to be spoiled. Let's get out as much of Tenchi's Saga as we can on this message board.

spoiler[From what i heard so far it looks like Tenchi has another new woman by arranged political marrage. Even Ayeka will not question Princess Seto. Ryoko is also afraid of the Devil Princess of Jurai. If you've seen some GXP, you've seen the Devil Princess and have seen Noike, Tenchi's fiancee.]spoiler[]
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:17 pm Reply with quote
From what I saw of the new OVA, nothing gets resolved with Tenchis marriage choice, nothing is really revealed about the Goddesses, and they are probably going to create another OVA, that will continue to not resolve, or answer questions about the Goddesses (that would mean they couldn't continue making more Tenchi). Course I could be wrong, I didn't see the final 2 episodes or so. The R1 DVDs comes out in July, and I think September
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:10 pm Reply with quote
What rock did you crawl out from under? FUNimation licensed the 3rd OVA early this year and episode 7 is supposed to be out in Japan this September. Episode 6 was just recently released.

The 1st DVD will be out June 7 with the first 3 episodes.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:21 pm Reply with quote
The 3rd OVA has been rather slow. However, the biggest disappointment for me was the art style ; ; I loved the original art ><
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:22 pm Reply with quote
The art in the 3rd OVA is the same as it is in the rest of the canon series
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote
It is GXP style art. It doesnt look anything like OVA 1 or 2.
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I dislike GXP artwork. Maybe because I am so used to the original and TV series artwork makes me not like it. But the new art is just soo pointy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:36 pm Reply with quote
ryokoalways wrote:
It is GXP style art. It doesnt look anything like OVA 1 or 2.

No it's not. It's much better looking then GXP. It's updated over the OVA just because things have progressed farther when it comes to animation, but it's the same style as the original OVAs.
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:21 am Reply with quote
I dont see many similarities ><

I think the OVA 1 & 2 were so much more beautiful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1