• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pita Ten, Aishiteru ze Baby, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:35 am Reply with quote
Does anybody know of the chances any of the following titles (Pita Ten, Aishiteru ze Baby, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase) will eventually be licensed and released in the U.S.? I just want to know some people's opinions on these titles. These are titles I am interested in but don't seem to appeal to many American anime fans in my opinion.
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Aishiteru ze Baby, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase I have seen both well not all of Tsukuyomi Moon Phase. I really enjoyed both shows I haven't seen Pita ten yet. I think Tsukuyomi Moon Phase will be licends probaly prety soon but Aishiteru ze Baby dont think it will happen anytime soon.
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for your response, azzmoneky. Is it just your speculation that "Tsukuyomi Moon Phase" will be licensed soon, or did you get that information from somewhere? If so, may you please provide me with the source? Thanks.
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:05 pm Reply with quote
That was my opinion Tsukuyomi Moon Phase I just think it will be licensed soon.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Pita Ten: well, the Manga is licensed so I suppose there's a possibility. I'm not sure the whole series was ever even fansubbed mind.
AzB: Unlikely IMO, but I said the same about Asagiri no Miko so you never know.. I would say this comes under the heading of Shoujo which is hard to sell in the US even with more popular series.
Tsukuyomi: Most likely of the three, I'd say the chances are pretty high of it being picked up before long if it hasn't been already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
kainzero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Pita Ten: well, the Manga is licensed so I suppose there's a possibility. I'm not sure the whole series was ever even fansubbed mind.

Yeah, they did finish fansubbing it.

Misha is hot =P
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:21 pm Reply with quote
azzmoneky wrote:
That was my opinion Tsukuyomi Moon Phase I just think it will be licensed soon.

Shiroi Hane wrote:
Tsukuyomi: Most likely of the three, I'd say the chances are pretty high of it being picked up before long if it hasn't been already.

Interesting. I'm still hoping that the other two series will be picked up eventually, but why do you two think "Tsukuyomi" will be licensed soon? I also think this title has the best chance of being licensed, but I'm wondering if anyone can give me their own opinion as to why. I'm curious as to what you all think of "Tsukuyomi" and the other two titles if you have watched them. I watched the first episode of each of these titles and I am interested enough to want them to be released domestically in the U.S.

kainzero wrote:
Misha is hot =P

I don't really think she's hot. Cute is more like it.
TF

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:58 am Reply with quote
I've only seen Pita Ten of the titles mentioned here and i think it is damn good.
whether or not it will be licensed is an open question.
I think that there is a big chance of it ever getting licensed but i could take a few years.
Naruto was also recently licensed so perhaps the same will go for Pita Ten.
Innotech

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:21 am Reply with quote
Lets just say, if no one licenses TSUKUYOMI MOON PHASE in america, I will be one p issed off son of a bitch. It is my favorite show of 2005 and the whole hting about a vampire gothic slightly loli catgirl is too dmaned cute and fun not to love. That plus the story itself is a really good vampire story (and Elfreide is just plain HOT too) Add in some great comedy, interesting action sequences, Hazuki's cute tempers and Elfreides charm and I am absolutely hooked. I know its got at last one fan, but on animesuki there are several hundred people at least who have an interest in it too. I also doubt that all who do as I've hooked several people on it myself. People who werent gothic horror fans have been pulled in by that little catgirls charm and cuteness. she has unbleievavable MOE power ^^.
Kourin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I had the same question in another forum...Pita-ten is probably never going to be licensed because the license holders are asking way to much for it, and the companies here in America feel as if the show will never be popular enough for them to recover the money they spent on it.

If they were to drop the price they want for it, then maybe we will eventually get Pita-ten over here in the states...but it's not looking to promising.

Hope that helps ya SnowfairyX Wink .
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote
TF wrote:
I've only seen Pita Ten of the titles mentioned here and i think it is damn good.
whether or not it will be licensed is an open question.
I think that there is a big chance of it ever getting licensed but i could take a few years.

Innotech wrote:
Lets just say, if no one licenses TSUKUYOMI MOON PHASE in america, I will be one p issed off son of a bad word. It is my favorite show of 2005 and the whole hting about a vampire gothic slightly loli catgirl is too dmaned cute and fun not to love. That plus the story itself is a really good vampire story (and Elfreide is just plain HOT too) Add in some great comedy, interesting action sequences, Hazuki's cute tempers and Elfreides charm and I am absolutely hooked. I know its got at last one fan, but on [this is a bittorrent site] there are several hundred people at least who have an interest in it too. I also doubt that all who do as I've hooked several people on it myself. People who werent gothic horror fans have been pulled in by that little catgirls charm and cuteness. she has unbleievavable MOE power

Kourin wrote:
I had the same question in another forum...Pita-ten is probably never going to be licensed because the license holders are asking way to much for it, and the companies here in America feel as if the show will never be popular enough for them to recover the money they spent on it.

If they were to drop the price they want for it, then maybe we will eventually get Pita-ten over here in the states...but it's not looking to promising.

Hope that helps ya SnowfairyX .

Thank you all for your responses. TF and Kourin, that makes sense that "Pita-Ten" probably wouldn't be licensed right now. I have asked an "expert" about the probablility of this title being released in the U.S. and he also says it is unlikely, because of low chance of profitability in that American anime fans don't buy "cute" titles.

I also read another post on why "crappier" titles get picked up quickly and licensed while better and more popular titles are not picked up as quickly. It is because of the high licensing costs of the more popular titles and the companies are just waiting until the price goes down. I hope this is the case with an anime such as "Pita-Ten" and I would hope they license it later than never. I just have to wait and see what happens because all three of the titles I mentioned are on the top of my list of wanting them to be licensed.
kainzero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I don't really think she's hot. Cute is more like it.

Nah. Shia is cute. MISHA is hot!
Misha's got like D CUP! Swimsuit episode = O_O!

In all seriousness, this kinda series seems to not get licensed. It seems too wholesome for the whole "rebel" image that appeals to teenagers. The athletic festival was such a nice episode, but I doubt that would appeal to the main anime demographic...

Have you seen A Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar? I'm surprised it didn't make a very big splash in America. That's the kind of series I was hoping would get on Nick Jr or something... I still remember the anime I'd watch as a kid like Maya the Bee, and after watching Sugar I was almost sure kids would love it... but alas.

They should really explore that niche instead of licensing so many kid Shonen action shows =P
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:07 am Reply with quote
kainzero wrote:
Have you seen A Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar? I'm surprised it didn't make a very big splash in America. That's the kind of series I was hoping would get on Nick Jr or something... I still remember the anime I'd watch as a kid like Maya the Bee, and after watching Sugar I was almost sure kids would love it... but alas.

My kids loved it. I showed it to them, with me doing simultaneous translation, and they were very fond of it. My middle son likes music a lot, and he was really fascinated by the season fairies' instruments.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:10 am Reply with quote
kainzero wrote:

I've watched "Maya the Bee" many years ago also. Did it come from Japan or was it created in the U.S. or somewhere else? Very nostalgic because I still remember bits and pieces of that series to this day.

abunai wrote:
My kids loved it. I showed it to them, with me doing simultaneous translation, and they were very fond of it. My middle son likes music a lot, and he was really fascinated by the season fairies' instruments.

When I was watching "Chobits," I checked out some of the anime previews on one of the dvds and I saw the "opening" of "A Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar" for the first time. I think that was over two years ago when I was starting to get into anime. I remembered saying to myself, "This is a series I'm definitely not getting." I said that to myself because I knew I was not the target audience and I was not supposed to like stuff like that. Then a few months later, I picked it up and have watched the entire series except the last episode.

I knew what I was getting into and I enjoyed it by myself far more than I expected. Even though I wasn't the target audience, I just liked it because it was cute, had good character development, and very enjoyable music in my opinion. I've shown it to my 11-year old female cousin and she did enjoy it as I expected while my younger adolescent brother did not. I'm looking forward to "Pita-Ten" because of the similarity of it to "A Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1