• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How many episode is Bleach going to be?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmlau

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:54 am Reply with quote
so far i know 26 has been on, haven't watched 26 yet but looking at the title im assuming thats not the last episode is it?
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:52 am Reply with quote
However many it takes. Just like with Naruto (so far) they'll just keep going until they run out of things to animate, but it could go like Inuyasha and just end when they feel like the time is right. For now there is no set number of episodes and we could easily see this series go beyond one hundred episodes.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:58 am Reply with quote
Well, episode 25 ends around ch. 85 of the manga, and the manga is currently 174+ chapters, and shows no sign of ending soon. Assuming continuous production and one anime episode per week, the anime will run for at least 52 episodes.

The anime may or may not catch up to the manga, depending on production schedules and hiatus periods for both. If both continue to be produced at current speeds, we're looking at a catch-up situation around episode 58-64 of the anime, or around chapter 200-220 of the manga.

I'm not terribly concerned about that, since I think Bleach-the-manga's main storyline is heading for a conclusion, and it may well reach it by then. Nor am I concerned about a cancellation of the anime before that - not at present, anyway.

I am concerned that they might decide to do away with some of the complexities of the manga, and thereby bring about an early ending to the anime, if the budget somehow fails to materialise...

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:53 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
I'm not terribly concerned about that, since I think Bleach-the-manga's main storyline is heading for a conclusion, and it may well reach it by then. Nor am I concerned about a cancellation of the anime before that - not at present, anyway

are you kidding me? spoiler[they haven't even fought the Hollow]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1