• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Windy Tales

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know anything about Production IG's "Windy Tales"? Is it ever going to be released in the U.S. at all. Just wondering if anyone had any information.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see Windy Tales get licensed in the same sort of way I'd love to see Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou get licensed.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's too likely as the domestic anime distributors scale back their licensing to those titles that will sell tens of thousands of copies per volume, not the slow-moving stuff that only appeals to a small sub-niche of fans. Even the fansubbers seem to have lost interest in Windy Tales after episode 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I'd love to see Windy Tales get licensed in the same sort of way I'd love to see Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou get licensed.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's too likely as the domestic anime distributors scale back their licensing to those titles that will sell tens of thousands of copies per volume, not the slow-moving stuff that only appeals to a small sub-niche of fans. Even the fansubbers seem to have lost interest in Windy Tales after episode 4.

Well, you never know. Right Stuf picked up a sleeper like Piano, so there's no saying that someone wouldn't pick up Yokohama or Windy. Maybe a small company, but I'm sure eventually it'll happen.
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Manga Entertainment brought us Dead Leaves, Kaidomaru, and Ghost in the Shell. All of which are by Production I.G. Maybe they'll decide to fit in one more. Personally I've been waiting to see a series like Windy Tales mainly because of the different animation style, which is quite interesting. Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1