• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tiger & Bunny Aroma Fragrances Offered in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quote
...Really? Why? :\
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
...Really? Why? :\

To make money, silly rabbit Razz

Anime companies have been doing this for years - every time they find a hot property, they try to associate with anything and everything. The only difference is that, outside of Evangelion, this is one of the first hot properties in a long time that was geared more towards adults. I'd expect that some Japanese konbini chain will jump on the Tiger/Bunny train and that they'll release T/B tissue boxes and Blue Rose ICEEs soon.

I remember that, back in 1995 that, when Sailor Moon was popular in Japan, there was a whole slew of products - SM fish sausages, candy, kleenex, champagne(juice)...even toilet paper.

Hmm..maybe they'll market it like Ax male body spray in the US - the only people you see using the stuff are the ones who aren't seeing much action.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I like how SAMPLE accentuates the boxes beautifully.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:26 am Reply with quote
The first one actually sounds ok.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:13 am Reply with quote
I'd heard rumors about something like this online. I think the creators had, as a joke, told people what cologne Tiger used. I guess the merchandisers decided to take the next obvious step...

This has had some pretty wide-ranging merchandise associated with it already, if you look at the webpage. I will openly confess to kinda wanting a HeroTV Staff shirt. I think I'm going to just buy the soundtrack.
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:17 am Reply with quote
Is is wrong that I would happily wear the Bunny one? What can I say, I like citrus-based perfumes and such.

JuicyB, I agree; the Wild Tiger one actually sounds like a nice cologne.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:19 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:

The only difference is that, outside of Evangelion, this is one of the first hot properties in a long time that was geared more towards adults.

I think big properties like Haruhi and Madoka are also technically aimed at adults. Unless you mean a more mainstream adult audience but I think Tiger & Bunny mainly sold to female anime fans (Fujoshi). It would be nice if the series was a hit among a more mainstream audience but I am not so sure about that.

Anyways I know anime does this type of thing a lot but in this case Tiger & Bunny cologne actually fits with the marketing aspect of the show. I can just see Barnaby and Kotetsu being forced to advertise this: Kotetsu being annoyed and Barnaby taking it in stride. Laughing

edit: Also talking about crazy merchandise for the series how about T&B valentine's day cake

http://p-bandai.jp/charashoku/item-1000013853/?TOP_B
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 am Reply with quote
If I lived in Japan, I know I would be broke trying to buy merchandise like this. Especially things that are practical for daily use like tissues.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1