• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Scrambled X

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I really want X, I can't wait to get it, it's one of the few manga I am still interested in buying now.

We Are the Beatles sounds funny, cute, and odd and whimsical. I am a Beatles and music fan, so I definitely want to see what this is about. I wonder, are there references to other rock groups of the 1960s? Needless to say, this title has peaked my curiousity.
sepherest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:

I flipped through it while I was at Hastings and yes the translations new.

Some extra color artwork's also been added (with commentary from CLAMP at the end of the book), including the tarot cards from the original japanese volumes!

Looks like a solid release. Think I'll pick it up at Rightstuf's next Viz sale

That's pretty awesome, I wasn't thinking about picking up the new version because I already own the old $15 flipped volumes but now I'm going to look into it.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:02 am Reply with quote
I'd recommend Pluto. I finished it a couple years back and it's a great story. Very intriguing stuff, keeps you wondering and Astro Boy being in it is just like tasty icing on the cake.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:23 am Reply with quote
I might have to double dip on X, I've wanted those tarot cards for years Very Happy
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:46 am Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
I flipped through it while I was at Hastings and yes the translations new.

Excellent, thanks for the info! I might at least consider getting it now, since I do love X and I'm pretty sure people have said the pacing issues get better in the later volumes.

Poor Fuuma though. spoiler[His arms must be getting mighty tired after all these years.]
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quote
ReaKon wrote:
I am really interested in trying Pluto, but I am worried I won't enjoy it as much as someone who has read all of the astroboy comics. Can anybody tell me if this is good standalone series?

Thanks

Yes. I know nothing about Astro Boy other than what he traditionally looks like, and I love Pluto. I honestly wasn't even sure I'd like it, but I finally caved after reading all the rave reviews from various manga bloggers. I haven't finished reading it yet though; just got the last 2 volumes this week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2