• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inuyasha anime.....coming back?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rascalking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, it looks like the Inuyasha anime might actually be comming back. For some of you (like me) thats awesome news, for others.....not so awesome. Check it out, this is from "Rumic World":

"In his production blog, Inuyasha producer Michihiko Suwa revealed that he and 33 members of the production staff met with Rumiko Takahashi and Kappei Yamaguchi last week in Hakone to discuss the future of Inuyasha as an animated work. Nothing definitive was released other than the animators desire to see the anime concluded".

The source for this news is from a blog on the YTV website. And for those of you who don't know, YTV is the channel that airs Inuyasha in Japan.

http://www.ytv.co.jp/anime/suwa/suwa_main.html
edgarrsilva

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:15 pm Reply with quote
If that´s true... I´m really happy!
I want to see more InuYasha!
kraid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:11 am Reply with quote
That would be great. I just recently purchased the 1st season boxset and I heard that the anime ends where the manga continues. I know that there is a demand for the anime to continue, that's for sure.

By the way, does anyone know if a 2nd season boxset will come out? I would rather buy this series via boxsets than having to buy each DVD as it is more expensive and takes up much more room. Thanks.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:16 am Reply with quote
Then again, it could mean OVAs and Movies like with past Rumiko series. But the return of the TV, I really doubt it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:22 am Reply with quote
Wow, why? That series started to drag more than Dragon Ball towards the 80's or 90's.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:25 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Wow, why? That series started to drag more than Dragon Ball towards the 80's or 90's.

Because-

1. People will watch it
2. people will invest money into it and other advertised products
3. There is supposedly enough "story" to keep new episodes/features in production.
4. comedy option
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:28 am Reply with quote
Eh, seems kinda like non-news to me. OK, they had a meeting, that doesn't really tell us anything, it could just as easily have been non productive. And of course the production staff wants to see the series continue, I'm sure they like steady work and making money as much as anybody. Wink I'd wait for official word from the parties involved before getting any hopes up.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:07 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Eh, seems kinda like non-news to me. OK, they had a meeting, that doesn't really tell us anything, it could just as easily have been non productive. And of course the production staff wants to see the series continue, I'm sure they like steady work and making money as much as anybody. Wink I'd wait for official word from the parties involved before getting any hopes up.

Emerje

I agree, this means nothing. If Inuyasha was to really come back or some OAV's launched i think it would be a little easier to decied. It was a big success West and in Japan, so If they were to just think of one OAV then they would have, no doubt said yes. Perhaps they did agree and are now think of a story line, but we dont know that. They could have just as easily said no.
Tiresias

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Of course they want to see it end. When the final episode was announced, it was said that the series would be finished off in either an OAV series or in a latter movie. There was never any real doubt that they would finish off this particular series.
DidUrHusband

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Don't get me wrong, I think Inuyasha is a pretty sweet series. (Filler episodes and chapters aside.) But I would rather it not be continued in anime form. Why you ask?

1.) Too many filler episodes. Goes too damn slowly.
2.) The manga is currently at Chapter 401 in Japan..Takahashi is aiming for atleast 500 chapters.

I guess I don't have the patience. Wink
rascalking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:13 am Reply with quote
Well, hopefully we'll get some OVA's......so then we don't have to worry about fillers! Smile
edgarrsilva

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I like filler episodes hahahaha
luhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh, please, only come back if it's going to have a proper ending! I don't think I can take any more final showdowns with Naraku.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1