• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Zeta Gundam DVD music

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Right now I'm on a Z Gundam high. Great series, I have 4 eps. left but on to the question. When the DVD set is brought up I have noticed that it has been said that they don't use the original music. I find this odd because the music sounds like it belongs. Its not like its the Dragonball Z/GT altered tracks. Did they place orchestral music where there should have been another song? Also would I be able to hear the original music if I watched the DVDs subbed? And lastly, I would appreciate it if you guys could tell me where the key tracks play and their names. I watched a Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam video and they had a song playing that I liked but I haven't heard it in the show so it made me curious. I would just like a basic lowdown on the music situation with the Zeta DVDs. Thanks and your answers are very appreciated.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:15 pm Reply with quote
The two opening themes and the ending theme were replaced due to a licensing conflict.
The Infernal Dragoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quote
The reason the music fits is because the music is still all from the original series (as far as I know). The original opening and closing, as said before, were replaced because of licensing issues. But the music that replaced them for the opening and closing on the DVD's is still from the series.

I'm pretty sure that the opening animation was also not the original. It was probably made to fit the music, since it does fit so well. It was also a much newer looking animation, like the animation shown in the previews for the Zeta Gundam movie trilogy. However, this is just an assumption.

I haven't seen the Gundam vrs Zeta Gundam video, so I can't help you there, but I do know that track 2 of Symphonic Gundam is a compilation of several tracks from the series, including the music from the opening of the DVD's.
zaphdash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote
The Infernal Dragoon wrote:
The reason the music fits is because the music is still all from the original series (as far as I know). The original opening and closing, as said before, were replaced because of licensing issues. But the music that replaced them for the opening and closing on the DVD's is still from the series.

I'm pretty sure that the opening animation was also not the original. It was probably made to fit the music, since it does fit so well. It was also a much newer looking animation, like the animation shown in the previews for the Zeta Gundam movie trilogy. However, this is just an assumption.

I haven't seen the Gundam vrs Zeta Gundam video, so I can't help you there, but I do know that track 2 of Symphonic Gundam is a compilation of several tracks from the series, including the music from the opening of the DVD's.

The animation is the same as in the original. The only change is to the music.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:08 pm Reply with quote
zaphdash wrote:
The animation is the same as in the original. The only change is to the music.

It's probably also worth noting that the sound effects present in the openings were dubbed in specifically for the R1 release, too. They even replaced a few sound effects used at the end of the second opening (which actually fit a whole lot better, I might add).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:49 am Reply with quote
The animation, which is unchanged, for both openings really fit the original (Sedaka) music better than the instrumentals. The ending is reanimated compared to my Laser Disc and 1985 video tapes. I'm not sure if it was reanimated for the R1 or the R2 DVD release, but the background is much brighter and redrawn. Fa is also repainted with a different color outfit and shoes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1