• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
.hack future titles?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klampo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I know the .dot hack world could easily have more series based of it, has their been any words on anymore ever being made, or was it some sort of key-in with the video games released at the time and sense no more video games, no more anime?
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I believe they just finished the .hack series with //Legend of the Twilight. There's no word that anything else was to be made. (I want to see more of it too, but I'm pretty sure that's it!) Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote
An MMORPG based on The World for PCs or consoles isn't out of the realm of possibility.

But as to new titles ... spoiler[there is a hidden .hack complete story "easter egg" on the .hack//Liminality: Trismegistus disc which explains everything, so there might not be a need for anything new.

However, since the "ending" to Legend of the Twilight isn't really an ending at all, that does suggest that something else might come out when we all least expect it. Wink ]
)
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I thouroughly enjoyed the whole ".Hack experience", both the games and the shows. The interweaving of plotlines was so much fun. That being said, I'm not sure where the story could go from there without just getting totally lame.

I would like to see an online game though, either a "The World" full on MMORPG, or at least a PSO-esc coop game in which the majority of the characters are NPCs, but you and a few of your friends can party together. Wouldn't happen on the PS2 though. Sad
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, double post.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I just finished .Hack//Sign last night at like 2 in the morning, couldn't turn it off I needed to know how it ends. Anyways I bought all four games at my local video store used, and I didn't get the extra DVD. Is it vital to have this extra disc, and do you know of any good places to buy it?
One last thing the order of this show is
.hack//sign
Games 1-4
.hack//limitity (Twilight?)
and then I get lost here, also I have the 2 bonus eps from the series where do 26 and 27 fit in with the story. thanks
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:58 pm Reply with quote
It goes like this:

//SIGN
The video games (and //Liminality since they come together)
//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet

The two extra episodes are a part of the TV series, I think.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:43 am Reply with quote
Glory Questor wrote:
spoiler[there is a hidden .hack complete story "easter egg" on the .hack//Liminality: Trismegistus disc which explains everything, so there might not be a need for anything new.])
How do we access the easter egg?
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
It goes like this:

//SIGN
The video games (and //Liminality since they come together)
//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet

The two extra episodes are a part of the TV series, I think.

I think it's funny how they made the video games first, and then decided to get Bee Train to make an anime (.hack//SIGN). The thought of //Liminality came up to make the games sell better (not necessarily the way that sounds). It all came in a confusing order, and they changed the manga story so many times.
By the way, Glory Questor, you say that spoiler[there's no real "ending to //Legend of the Twilight...but I read the manga and it does have an ending,] so are they really that different?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Also, the series was intended to go like this specifically:
OVA- (.hack//SIGN)
Video Game/DVD- (.hack//Infection to .hack//Quarantine, .hack//Liminality)
Manga- (.hack//Legend)

It was one of the directors' wishes (forgot the name) that the series be released on as many different mediums as possible. However, an anime series was also made of .hack//Legend. Not sure what happened there.

BTW which one is .hack//DUSK? Isn't that .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
BTW which one is .hack//DUSK? Isn't that .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet?

Yes. It's one of the alternate names as listed in its Encyclopedia entry. Not sure of the origin, though.
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:00 pm Reply with quote
radicaledward wrote:
Glory Questor wrote:
spoiler[there is a hidden .hack complete story "easter egg" on the .hack//Liminality: Trismegistus disc which explains everything, so there might not be a need for anything new.])

How do we access the easter egg?

spoiler[Go to the Trismegistus DVD menu. Select DATA. On the first DATA menu selection, move the highlight down to ".hack Promotional Trailers" and press Right. You should see a Camera Shutter icon appear. Select that to open it up.

(You can alternately use your mouse pointer if you are using a PC DVD program like PowerDVD. Just move the pointer to the spot above the ">>>" in the first DATA menu and the Camera Shutter icon appears.)]

There are other Easter Eggs for the Liminality discs, if you would like me to post them here. Smile

Aromatic Grass wrote:
By the way, Glory Questor, you say that spoiler[there's no real "ending to //Legend of the Twilight...but I read the manga and it does have an ending], so are they really that different?

spoiler[The anime ends with Shugo and Rena saving The World by using the bracelet's power together to seal the rift. After that, there is an epilogue where Rena and Shugo reappear for the first time after that event, and then they all run off onto another adventure.]

That's how the anime ended. I haven't picked up Volume 3 of the manga yet, so I don't have a comparison for the endings. But, from what I've read, the manga and anime are different in key parts. (For example, spoiler[in the manga, you have Wiseman become part of the party. In the anime, you have Sanjuro become part of the party. (Either one would have worked, though, since in the games they were both voiced by Steven Jay Blum, who comes back to do a less-"swarthy" sounding Sanjuro for the anime, which makes me wonder if he was actually thinking he was going to be playing Wiseman like in the manga...)]
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:25 am Reply with quote
I just finnished //legends of the twilight a little while ago, and although I really liked it, I thought that just 3 volumes was a little short. there was a lot they could have done with character development and explaining the "twilight incident" that just didn't happen in 3 volumes. (but then again, I read //legends first and haven't read //sign, so I don't know if anything is developed/explained in that).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:57 pm Reply with quote
.hack//AI-Buster novel Vol 1 is being release in August by Tokyopop. There's 2 volume total. Some more .hack for you mofos to enjoy.
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Uh... do we really need more .hack at this point? Neutral

SIGN and the main story really were the best, and revealed pretty much everything you needed to know about what's happening in The World.

I mean, how much more can happen in the story that would surprise people who have read and seen everything up to now? Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1