• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Have you ever made your own custom anime soundtracks?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshMeyerRox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I've made lots of 'em. I just find a bunch of songs that I think suit the show and/or the atmosphere, and I throw 'em together and burn 'em to a CD. But there's more to it then just picking a bunch of songs you think suit the show and the characters and the atmosphere, you also need to design artwork for the album. This includes cover art, insert art, yatta yatta yatta. PLUS you also have to look for information on the songs. I try and make my anime soundtracks look as true to life as possible, plus I even slap a famous record company (eg Atlantic, Warner Bros, Capitol, etc) on it. I've made my own soundtracks for:

Gundam Wing
Gundam Wing:Endless Waltz
Robotech
Big O
Big O II
and others....
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I've made many compilation CDs of anime songs (vocal, not instrumental for those of you who still don't understand the difference Razz), but I've never made something nearly as intricate as what you've made.

I think the furthest I ever proceeded in that level was when a friend of mine wanted to test his CD label maker and he made an Inu Yasha one for a CD I had with all the openings and endings (well, at least all the ones there were at the time).

Generally though, I'll just put whatever songs I like on there and that's it.

But slapping on a record company's brand name on there, isn't that uh.. illegal Anime catgrin + sweatdrop?
hikaru393

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:02 am Reply with quote
how do i burn songs to a blank cd i have windows media player and real one player and i have a few songs but it says one or more are not in the right format.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:03 am Reply with quote
JoshMeyerRox wrote:
I've made lots of 'em. I just find a bunch of songs that I think suit the show and/or the atmosphere, and I throw 'em together and burn 'em to a CD. But there's more to it then just picking a bunch of songs you think suit the show and the characters and the atmosphere, you also need to design artwork for the album. This includes cover art, insert art, yatta yatta yatta. PLUS you also have to look for information on the songs. I try and make my anime soundtracks look as true to life as possible, plus I even slap a famous record company (eg Atlantic, Warner Bros, Capitol, etc) on it. I've made my own soundtracks for:

Gundam Wing
Gundam Wing:Endless Waltz
Robotech
Big O
Big O II
and others....

Thanks for letting us know your illegal activities.
What's next? You're gonna start selling it on ebay.
And it's not even hard putting some songs together and make a label.

hikaru393 wrote:
how do i burn songs to a blank cd i have windows media player and real one player and i have a few songs but it says one or more are not in the right format.

Uh, because whatever shitty converter you're using can't convert real into wave. Don't use wmp or real format unless you can somehow convert them to wave. That's like jammin a vhs tape into a dvd player and expecting it to play. Next time, try think first.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:19 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:

Some CD burners will convert everything for you, but for the most part, everything needs to be in the right format. You can get free converters online that will convert everything to either WAV or MP3,and your burning program will do the rest to ensure that they're translated to CDA before you burn.

In order news, I'm planning on locking this thread. Making compilation CDs is good and all, but slapping on record labels? ^^ K, that's illegal. If you'd like to continue a discussion about using non-anime music to make CDs that you think really represent a show, feel free to do so in the music forum.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1