• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DBZ DVD

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall2600

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote
i know that the dbz dvds come with the japanese song in the intros but do the english intro songs come in the uncut dvds when u play english voices and if u switch the language to japanese at the main menu does it change the episode title to japanese words
Squall2600

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote
ple someone post
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Hm.. it's been a while since I've actually watched a regular episode on one of FUNi's DVDs, but I think I remember it doing something to that degree.

If you set the language to Japanese in the menu, the show will display the original Japanese credits, texts, and all that. And if you switch just the audio during the intro, it should play the English music (unless the FUNi intro uses different footage, then it probably won't by in sync).

Even still though, the episode titles they use for the dub are so much shorter than more long-winded Japanese titles, so it'd probaby sound silly to listen to the English episode name with the Japanese dialogue or vise-versa.

But I reiterate, it's been a while since I've watched any of the regular episodes, so I could be wrong.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:06 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

If you set the language to Japanese in the menu, the show will display the original Japanese credits, texts, and all that. And if you switch just the audio during the intro, it should play the English music (unless the FUNi intro uses different footage, then it probably won't by in sync).

That does work with all of the Dragonball DVD that Fun puts out. It kind of wried. Setting it to Japanese in the menu and while watching the intro, it still plays the Japanese opening, Japanese preview, but then it switchs to English for the show itself, and finally back to Japanese for the ending. On thing though, you have to turn the subs off during show itself, unless you don't mind. I use it avoid the crazy GT opening.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1