• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Seed

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall2600

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:08 pm Reply with quote
in the gundam seed dvds does the intro come with the original animation (the one that had that pink girl naked) not thee short one and those it have all the intros throughtout the series
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Squall2600 wrote:
in the gundam seed dvds does the intro come with the original animation (the one that had that pink girl naked) not thee short one and those it have all the intros throughtout the series

Please work on your grammar & spelling, yes the original intros are intact, and no that's not Lacus naked. It's actually Fllay.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:56 am Reply with quote
THe intro shows both a shadowed but full upper bust shot of Flay, and the obviously-naked-but-not-showing-much-below-the-neck-line shot of Kira and Lacus naked. So, you could say that "that pink haired girl" could easilly be Lacus or Flay.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:57 am Reply with quote
I always thought it was Murrue.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Sir_Brass wrote:
obviously-naked-but-not-showing-much-below-the-neck-line shot of Kira and Lacus naked.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.

Pepperidge wrote:
I always thought it was Murrue.

The silhouette's a bit busty yeah, but in the fourth opening, there's an oh-so-slight tint of red to her hair that stands out against the background. Besides, it fits the plot more since the people shown in front of that silhouette (Kira, Raww, the only exception here is Mwu, who is placed next to Raww for obvious reasons) are all characters that have more interaction with Fllay than Murrue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:14 am Reply with quote
I like thinking that it's Murrue.

Man, I was really hoping that YTV would air the last two opening themes, but it seems that Bandai only gave them the 30 second Invoke. Hopefully they won't do that with Destiny.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:46 pm Reply with quote
At least you got openings themes to watch. The episodes on CN just start, no hint of an intro. I keep trying not to watch the series because I want to buy the DVD/NetFlix it; that was like 5 episodes ago. Confused

BTW, why is it all the characters on the show have names you have a 1% chance to see in real life?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Not to mention implied sex and real guns at 9:30pm. Wink

I really don't understand why they cut the intro from the 1am run on CN, though. If anything, you'd think that they'd cut the intro during Toonami and then restore it for the 1am airing. It also really depresses me that after all the series has gone through, you guys still aren't getting TV-PG episodes. Sad

Apparently, with the first series Tomino wanted to emphasise that names would be completely different in the future, so all of the Gundam series since have given their characters really weird names.

Well, except Bernie.
WarHammer01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
I really don't understand why they cut the intro from the 1am run on CN, though. If anything, you'd think that they'd cut the intro during Toonami and then restore it for the 1am airing.
I know what you mean. With Toonami it was always the intro being cut out and they mix their own. With Dragonball GT, they didn't show the intro on Toonami, but when they played it in the timeframe AFTER Toonami, it was there. I was surprised when Gundam SEED was done differently.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
I really don't understand why they cut the intro from the 1am run on CN, though. If anything, you'd think that they'd cut the intro during Toonami and then restore it for the 1am airing. It also really depresses me that after all the series has gone through, you guys still aren't getting TV-PG episodes. Sad

From what I understood I just thought it was because a dubbed intro wasn't made for the show, and they learned from that mistake by doing one for Zatch Bell. I didn't know the intro had any nudity, which then I'd understand because .hack//SIGN's ending got the same treatment when it aired at midnight Saturdays 3 years ago (there was a silhoutte of a naked Lady Subaru).
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:

The entire series (or, at least the vast majority of it) was edited to Toonami standards well before it even began airing on Cartoon Network. Back then, I guess they figured it'd finish out its run on Toonami, which of course didn't prove to be the case. However, because they'd already edited the copies they were given by Bandai, they couldn't go back and undo the changes made (unless they wanted to let the rights expire and re-purchase them like Big O, or essentially purchase them twice like Gundam Wing). The same thing happened with the early Adult Swim anime lineup; Gundam 0083, Mobile Suit Gundam, Pilot Candidate, Tenchi Muyo!, & Outlaw Star were all pre-edited for Toonami, so they couldn't be shown unedited (or less edited in some cases) when they ran on Adult Swim.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1