• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime suggestions?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Just looking for something interesting to watch. Does anyone know of a deccent/good/whatever anime that has to do with Onmyoji, or has an Onmyoji as a main character? Any Japanese era of time would be fine, including current times, but I'd probably prefer Heian most of all. Thanks in advance.

(An Omyouji is a Shinto preist of sorts, Ying-Yang master, whatever you want to call them. It's all good fun.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I take it you've seen the Onmyouji live action movie? I haven't yet, but I'd like too. I keep reading and researching about it and have seen trailers for it on some of the older Pioneer/Geneon anime DVDs, but whenever I have the money, I usually forget to buy it Mad.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I take it you've seen the Onmyouji live action movie? I haven't yet, but I'd like too. I keep reading and researching about it and have seen trailers for it on some of the older Pioneer/Geneon anime DVDs, but whenever I have the money, I usually forget to buy it :x.

Yes, I saw it, pretty good, once you ignore the iffy effects (read: Bird puppet reminiscent of The Labrynth). The main character, Abe no Seimei, was played by a Kyogen actor I believe, and his performance was really good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:16 am Reply with quote
Abenobashi Magical Shopping District. but it's not played upon that much.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:10 am Reply with quote
....Poo, nothing else? Well, thanks for the help anyway! The only other anime I myself could really think of was the Tokyo Babylon OVA, but I'm already reading the comic.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:02 am Reply with quote
D'oh, now that you mention it X (TV) might have some onymouji-ish type of powers. If you're reading Tokyo Babylon then that means you're probably a little familiar with Seishiro and Subaru, who are both in the X (TV) series.

It's not quite the traditional onmyouji role, but they do use a little bit of magical warfare through the use of scrolls, talismans, or hand guestures that perform the said actions.

Of course if you've already seen the series, then please disregard what I said Anime smile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1