• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Philopher's Stones are made out of ....

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:21 pm Reply with quote
any one catch the latest epi of FMA. So Philopher's Stones are made out of spoiler[people now?] That is very interesting. My question is what do you think Ed and Al will do now. Try to finde a way around spoiler[using people?]

[edit - subsequent subject lines changed -b]
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:38 pm Reply with quote
That is one big spoiler right there the title of your post change it.
therax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Why did I hear Charlton Heston shouting this in my head as I read the subject? Shocked

(OH BTW might want change it as it is a spoiler)
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Ed and Al spoiler[won't be using the philospher's stone to their liking. They make the largest sacrifice at the end when they do use it to bring Al's body back.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, like everyone said, you need to change the topic to something else. You just spoiled that for me.

Last edited by Kazuki-san on Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Everyone might want to change the subjects of their posts as well.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that was a pretty interesting revolation when I first saw it. I just finished the series off myself in my anime club. The ending spoiler[kinda sucked. Not a huge disappointement but it could have been handled better.]
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, that was kind of sick. They'll do it. No, just kidding but it would be interesting if they do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:34 pm Reply with quote
damnit! so the one night I get some sleep and skip anime is the night they say what the philosophers stone is made of and end the series!
Laughing Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:46 pm Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:
damnit! so the one night I get some sleep and skip anime is the night they say what the philosophers stone is made of and end the series!
Laughing Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I guess it's a good thing they re-air it Thursday nights Very Happy .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Yeah, that was a pretty interesting revolation when I first saw it. I just finished the series off myself in my anime club. The ending spoiler[kinda sucked. Not a huge disappointement but it could have been handled better.]

If I understand correctly, the anime ended before the manga, so that kind of thing is to be expected.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:15 am Reply with quote
The Philopher stone spoiler[being made of human] brings an interesting element to the story. When you think of themes of show you wonder spoiler[what are these boys really willing to risk? The idea of tunnel vision and the belief that one can be consume by an idea that they lose their sense of what is morally right or wrong comes into play.]
At first I was so upset with the ending of this show, it just spoiler[makes you want to scream, but upon further watching of the final eps over and over, it really hits me why you end the show like that. A great brotherly love, something unchallenge by time and death itself.] Regardless of the manga finishing first or the anime finishing first, I hate these comparsion between the changes in the two. Obviously sometimes people butcher the translation and make something completly different (cough timeline) then that of the original texts. But you have to realize that there are two different people taking the same piece of work into two different places, and FMA is very close to the manga I believe except the ending from what I know.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:27 am Reply with quote
I thought FMA, overall, was a very cool series. It has themes about getting something for nothing, and what exactly the "something" and "nothing" could truly be in that phrase. Do they each need to be tangible, or just conceptual? Is "even" always "fair"?

I think FMA handled some interesting philisophical issues, without doing the typical anime "mind-F%$" ending, in which the last few episodes have nothing to do with the earlier episodes and instead delve deeply into philisophical areas that fanatics will tell you WERE the whole show, but most people know better (ref. Eva). FMA shows how you can eat your cake AND have it too, which is somewhat ironic, as that's deffinitely not equivalent trade.
Slayer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I haven't kept up with the series well. I will have to check this out again. Was it the episode that aired last night (thursday)?
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Slayer wrote:
I haven't kept up with the series well. I will have to check this out again. Was it the episode that aired last night (thursday)?

Yes, it was.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2