• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Does anyone think Fruits Basket might go on???

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NinjaGirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:53 pm Reply with quote
To me Fruits Basket is one of the best Anime I've seen it made me cry, laugh, awwww, and other emotions! I wasn't really happy with the ending, it seems as though they just cut it off, without showing what happened to them later on! it just gets me sad not knowing who Tohru actually stays with (I want Yuki ^^), but I hope they do continue the series with a 2nd season or an OVA!!! If anyone knows any info please post ^^
KirklandVR6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I imagine if they did make a 2nd season it would be similar to Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi, in the way that they would pick up the story line. But i dought that they will continue the series.
Tiresias

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Of course it goes on, it just doesn't do it in anime form. It continues in the manga. It's always possible that a series that ends before the manga does can go on, but will it is another question. It's possible we'll see more animated Fruits Basket, but for now be happy that we can see the rest of the story in the manga.
NinjaGirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Well i agree, I'm also getting the mangas and they seem much more detailed than the Anime, but still If they do ever come out with the next series for sure i'll get it ^^
demonkinsin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Im with you a 100%. Ever since I saw the last episode of Fruits Basket I hoped A second season would Come And I have and will continue to hope for a second season of one of my personal Anime favorites.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
spider-moose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:08 pm Reply with quote
well on the Funimation dvds, they have a interview with Akitoah Daichi and he said he would love to do a 2nd season, but there probably won't be, unless the creator of Fruit baskets wants to do it

cause the only reason he directed it is cause she wanted him to do it Smile or there wasn't going to be a anime of it
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I think fruit basket is fine the way it is at 26 episode. And if there was a second 26 episode season, it's not going to be on 4 DVD again, that's for sure.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1