• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
frieza saga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall2600

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:59 pm Reply with quote
the frieza saga dvds are the uncut ones right that come with the original japanese version and if so when will there be a box set
Delfino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I know that the Saiyan saga is being re-released, as is the Namek saga, but I'm not sure how far in to the Frieza part that will take it. If indeed all of the episodes that happen on the planet namek, including all of the Frieza ones are included in this re-release, will at least have a box that comes with the first volume of the set. They will have the uncut japanese episodes on them, as well as the English dubed episodes like the later box sets/volumes that Funimation has already released. I know that the first volume of the Saiyan saga comes with a box and Goku figure.

I hope this answered your question Laughing .
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Squall2600 wrote:
the frieza saga dvds are the uncut ones right that come with the original japanese version and if so when will there be a box set

Yes, and possibly yes. I remember reading a long-ish time ago that FUNimation were going to reauthor the discs, so it'd be easier for them to replicate them. SO far though, nothing has been said about a boxset since then.

Quote:
I'm not sure how far in to the Frieza part that will take it

It begins at around episodes (edited) 54 or so, when FUNimation began doing their own dubbing and distribution of their own DVDs (the previous episodes were dubbed by Ocean Group, and distributed by Pioneer. Since august 2003 Pioneers license has expired. )

On that same slightly irrelevant tangent, I doubt that there will be an "ultimate uncut" edition for anything past the "Namek" Saga on the grounds that it is already out.

Still...
Sephiroth15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:59 pm Reply with quote
All frieza saga DVDs are already uncut. The Saiyan and Namek Saga were orginally licsenced under pioneer and their rights just expired so Funimation bought the new rights. Funimation will be releasing the Saiyan and Namek Saga uncut (never done in english before). However starting from Episode 54 (Ginyu Assult) upward is already uncut on the DVDs. For the best proof buy Death of a Prince. That is about as bloody as they come for DBZ. Vegeta is coughing up blood all over every few mins from friezas onslaught. Another good one is the one with Piccolo fighting frieza on the dvd cover. this has a scene where frieza pierces krillin through the chest and thrusts him all around with alot of blood. if i recall vegeta also calls someone a jackass or ass or something, its been a while but i do love the series Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1