• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What is your Dream Platform to watch anime on?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DownLoadJihad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:53 am Reply with quote
For me, it would be:

Fiber to the Home (FTTH), so I could DL entire anime series at blistering speeds onto my pimped out Alienware PC. Then I would have an internal network hooked to a Media Center in my living room, so I could transfer my animes to the Media Center and watch them on my.....

...102-inch plasma screen. Very Happy

With a kickass surround-sound sytem, of course. Wink
Lazuright

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:12 am Reply with quote
Not bad. Smile For an amateur! Twisted Evil Just kidding. I’ll agree, that’s thinking big, outside the box. But your not thinking big enough! Try this on for size… Cool

A theater! You’re own private theater. Inside, the most luxurious sofa’s you can think about! And along the walls are shelves upon shelves of anime! Whoa! Shocked

What do you think about that?
DownLoadJihad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:30 am Reply with quote
Yeah, but what is the format of the anime? Film? DVDs projected on a DLP?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:53 am Reply with quote
Well if the technology ever comes into existence, I'd definitely want to watch anime through a Holodeck. Why just sit in front of a screen when you can be surrounded by it? Of course this is just wishful thinking on my part and probably won't ever come true.

But realistically speaking, I guess any current TV over 50 inches with a Theater System similar to the one I have now would be copacetic Smile.
matticans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Well if the technology ever comes into existence, I'd definitely want to watch anime through a Holodeck. Why just sit in front of a screen when you can be surrounded by it? Of course this is just wishful thinking on my part and probably won't ever come true.

Isn't there something like that in an anime series, maybe it was Nadesico, oh I can't remember but anyways, ya, that would be freaking awsome.

I have this friend that has a projector that makes a huge picture on a screen that hangs on his wall. I always wanted one of those, and a nice surround system all around me. It would be like my own personal theater. Too bad the person doesn't like anime, whenever I go over it is usually for watching sports or a new movie.

While we are on the topic of theater systems, have any of you seen the new 5.1 surround sound system that is made up of one Speaker. I saw it on G4TechTV. It was sweet.
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:41 pm Reply with quote
It would be the holy grail for me to have IMAX theater Smile, or a really big type of home projector either of those would sastify my watching needs lol. For sound I love subwoofers and 5.1 Surrond Sound and adequate speakers of course.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Hollodeck? Now that's a good call.
Or you can chill out in a hyperbolioc chamber, and jack-in to Gantz, Ghost in the Shell style. That'd be pretty sweet.

Tony K - u changed your avatar... Is that Arima?
Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 pm Reply with quote
The theater ideas is one of my favorites but that will not happen unless I get really really rich
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:05 am Reply with quote
What I dream about, I can never afford. But I still dream on.

Yes, a personal home theater in the basement. But I'd have to get a home that is huge enough first.

For now, I dream small, little things, like trying to save up enough to buy a really flat 50 inch LCD screen. My first generation, 42 inch Samsung LCD TV is flat by CRT TV standards but still over 10 inches fat.
ev0luti0nzer0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

It would be the holy grail for me to have IMAX theater Smile, or a really big type of home projector either of those would sastify my watching needs lol. For sound I love subwoofers and 5.1 Surrond Sound and adequate speakers of course.

Waa...I remember IMAX, the side effects were:

IMAX = Dizzyness = Sick = Lie In Bed

I would prefer, a Plasma Screen TV, State of the Art Surround Sound and a Nice leather chair with a fridge + bar next to it.
Cloe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:40 am Reply with quote
I don't think any medium for displaying animation comes close to the sheer beauty of actual film... so 35mm prints and a film projector would be my ideal choice. Alas... even if I'm able to afford a 35mm projector one day, I'd quickly go into debt buying all film prints I wanted. And I don't even want to think about what a feature-length film would cost... *shudder*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:48 am Reply with quote
personal I-max theatre stadium with content animated and produced specifically for it.

Hey, you never said it has to be realistic.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:32 am Reply with quote
bolex17

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:01 am Reply with quote
my dream is to watch anime one of these baby!

Sinshadow22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:15 am Reply with quote
IMAX Theatres would be great, but if I wasn't a billionaire(like now) A Bose home theatre System and a Panosonic HDTV that's about 50". Now if I actually had money I could get that, but I'm stuck with A Sony 22" TV, with sterio sound. But better than nothing. At least I have DVD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1