• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2ch Forum's Anime Saimoe Tournament 2011 Group Finals

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J3N0V4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Furudanuki wrote:
smilewolfy wrote:
Edit: "Girl seen asleep in class with eyes drawn on her eyelids @ Detective Opera Milky Holmes" LOL they really DO put every girl and female like character in this, except MENMA!!!

Menma is in Group 16

め = me
ん = n
ま = ma

本間芽衣子(めんま)@あの日見た花の名前を僕達はまだ知らない。

Atleast copy and paste the bit the tells us she's in, don't just say she's in group 16 and post a great big bit of blank space.

Trolling aside, hell yeah Erica is still going strong, it's nice to see that love is alive and well even in Japan 501st all the way
Kohii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Holy Mudville Madcows! Railgun lost! To a loli, nonetheless. My money is on Squid Girl to win it now.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Nooooooo Misaka!!! The most realistic girl of all! Well, go Kyoko! Although you probably won't win. $10 it's Madoka.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Huh, I didn't see Astarotte beating Misaka coming. I suppose a lot of people could really like her, but I can't help but think that there was a lot of troll and anti-voting carrying that one through. Really though, the only surprise of this year's Saimoe will be if a Madoka girl doesn't win. I'd think that if odds were taken at the beginning that they'd have had the best.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm expecting Mami to win. Have been since the start.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Darn, Biribiri lost. Guess the anti-voters won that round.

Alright then, let's go Mami.
Slicer22

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Aw damn Misaka is out. Out of the ones left i wanted her to win. I like madoka magica girls and Ruri as well but lets be honest Madoka magica has won enough this year and im a massive RailDex fanboy so it had to be Misaka for me.

Out of the ones left it will still be close, Ruri is pretty popular and they seem to be pushing for Astarotte (the anime was lame but manga is quite good and funny.) Though it probably will be a Madoka girl, i think either Madoka or Mami, though Kyouko is pretty popular but i dont think Sayaka can win it.
scineram

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Sadface for Lotte. Anyway I want a Kyouko-Ika Musume final. With Her Squidness winning, but Big Eater wouldn't be bad either. If they fail then Blue Ranger.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote
What happened to Kanade?! Anime cry Angel Beats! really needs to be seen more. I loved everything about it (aside from the fact it only got like 14 episodes), especially Kanade. Really, I loved her so much! She may be my favorite character from anything. If there were a good full-sized nendroid of I would buy one in a heartbeat, having never gotten one before. I really loved her so much! KANADE!!!
</rage>

I think this has become more a battle of a person's favorite show, and we get these results since Madoka is popular as hell. I really liked it, but I would never in my right mind vote for Sayaka Miki. Maybe Kyouko or Homura, but the latter isn't even in the running anymore.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Saimoe is a pretty odd contest. Like you mentioned, Homura got knocked out early. It's actually a contest where there are more votes against characters rather than just voting for characters. The most popular characters are likely to be 'anti-voted' like Biribiri and Tenshi were in these group finals.
Team Rocket Elite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:58 am Reply with quote
Allegedly Misaka cheated to beat Homura and Victorique. After losing the cheated votes and likely getting anti-voted for cheating, she was no longer able to beat Astarotte.

Assuming they follow through with these last rounds, I think it's safe to say the Puella Magi were the most popular characters this year. The voters have had plenty reason to anti-vote them for being way too strong and steamrolling everyone they face. They keep winning anyways. The one exception is what happened to Homura and if Misaka didn't cheat Homura would likely still be alive as well.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
They keep winning anyways.

Well it's a voting system and as much as people bitch about anti-spirals and Chicago zombies, rigging the system sounds easier said than done. Any underdog that wins will always be used as an example of how the Zombie-spirals are controlling the matrix.
Kohii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:05 am Reply with quote
Now that Misaka has been eliminated (more like anti-voted by all the butthurt Homura fans). Look forward to retaliation by all the Railgun fans against the Madoka girls. This is probably why I think none of them will win. It will be either Ika Musume or Ruri, imo
scineram

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
Well, definitely not Ruri. lol
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Anti-voting. This sounds more like clan warfare than a tournament.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2