• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Are Wendee and Patricia Lee related?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm watching Serial Experiments Lain, and just really noticing that Patricia Lee (who does the voice of Lain's sister) sounds too much like Wendee Lee for it to be a coincidence (I've heard enough of Wendee Lee from Magic Knight Rayearth and Cowboy Bebop to catch a similarity in tone and inflection).

Are they related, or is it the same person?

(I tried searches on many websites, but I couldn't find any information on any connection between them. Even a forum search turned up no discussion about this before.)
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quote
No, haha. They look absolutely nothing alike. A simple TV Tome look up.

Wendee: http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-20809

Patricia: http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-23482

Patricia played the pink power ranger in Lost Galaxy. Those Power Rangers sure get around in anime...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. Smile
matticans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
Patricia played the pink power ranger in Lost Galaxy. Those Power Rangers sure get around in anime...

Of course they do, because after doing power rangers they can't show their faces in public without getting jumped. Plus I think no real acting studio would hire them. Laughing
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:12 am Reply with quote
matticans wrote:
slickwataris wrote:

Of course they do, because after doing power rangers they can't show their faces in public without getting jumped. Plus I think no real acting studio would hire them. Laughing

Kimberly Jo Johnson and a few others were here and there in movies and TV after her Power Ranger days, but none of them really had much success.

(Other live-action sentai role players have been sporadic, as well. The only one who has any success to my memory is David Hayter (who played the Guyver in Guyver 2: Dark Hero), who went on to screenwriting and continued voice acting (he previously had a co-lead role as Tamahome in the Fushigi Yuugi TV series and OVAs, and after his live-action stint as Solid Snake in the MGS series).
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Glory Questor wrote:

Kimberly Jo Johnson and a few others were here and there in movies and TV after her Power Ranger days, but none of them really had much success.

Heh, that's Amy Jo Johnson, Kimbrly was the character she played as the Pink Ranger.

Quote:
(Other live-action sentai role players have been sporadic, as well. The only one who has any success to my memory is David Hayter (who played the Guyver in Guyver 2: Dark Hero), who went on to screenwriting and continued voice acting (he previously had a co-lead role as Tamahome in the Fushigi Yuugi TV series and OVAs, and after his live-action stint as Solid Snake in the MGS series).

Well, there was that Mark Hamill guy from the first Guyver movie, I hear he's doing well for himself. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Glory Questor wrote:

Heh, that's Amy Jo Johnson, Kimbrly was the character she played as the Pink Ranger.

I stand corrected. Embarassed

Emerje wrote:
Quote:

Well, there was that Mark Hamill guy from the first Guyver movie, I hear he's doing well for himself. Wink

Emerje

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

I was talking about the alter-ego actors who played in live-action sentai shows like Power Rangers. (Guyver Bio-Booster Armor is kind-of a sentai show, in that you have a trio of different colored and styled suited characters.)

Mark Hamil, fortunately, wasn't one, and yes, he still has a great career in voice acting (having recently voiced the Mayor of Pejite in Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1