• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Uncut dvds ques

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squall2600

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
can someone tell me all the dbz uncut box sets that are available ? And which of the sagas are they re-releasing besides saiyan saga? and is there a trunks saga uncut boxset? do all of the dvds work on ps2 or do some dont work ? and which sagas r still not availble and will the cellgames saga be available all together at once?
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php?anime=D

This is the "D" list of releases noted on ANN. Dragon Ball animes are at the bottom of the list.

Hope this helps. Smile
Delfino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote
I believe the saiyan and Namek sagas are the only ones that they are re-releasing since they've already put out uncut box sets of almost all the other sagas. I know that the saiyaman saga is being released next week uncut on dvd, but for the most part there are box sets for all of the rest. I too would like the cell games to be in one collection, but at least the first dvd comes with a box to place the rest of them in. This release of the uncut first sagas was just the incentive for me to start up my DB/DBZ collection Very Happy
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Squall2600 wrote:
can someone tell me all the dbz uncut box sets that are available ? And which of the sagas are they re-releasing besides saiyan saga? and is there a trunks saga uncut boxset? do all of the dvds work on ps2 or do some don't work ? and which sagas r still not availble and will the cellgames saga be available all together at once?

FUNimation will be re-releasing the Saiyan and Namek sagas, uncut (aside from the dub music and scripting) and bilingual (thus cancelling out the dub music and script changing part).

I don't remember the Trunks saga being long enough to warrant its own box set. I mean, all he does is:

spoiler[ Appear in the present, kills Freeza, and warns Gokuu of the Androids.]

I'm also pretty sure each DVD should work on your PS2 given that the versions you buy are all Region 1.

I don't really keep up with the releases because there are so darn many, so I'm not sure what has and has not been released yet in terms of the other sagas. Personally I would've preferred bigger "sagas" instead of dividing them all up into 3 or 4 different "sagas" like they did with Cell.

Instead of an Androids, Cell Games, Perfect Cell, and whatever else they divided it into, they should've just called the whole thing the Cell Saga Anime smallmouth.

Oh well, at least they're making munny and hopefully it'll be enough to make bigger releases in the future.
Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I sadly own many,many of the dbz vhs tapes. I have like almost every freakin' episode and I regret the money spent on them Mad
Sephiroth15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Single Disk Sagas:
Ginyu Saga (2)
Trunks Saga (2, 3 if you count history of trunks)

Box Sets:
Frieza Saga
Garlic Jr Saga
Android Saga
Imperfect Cell Saga
Perfect Cell Saga
Cell Games Saga(so far only available as single disks, but box is available with first two DVDs i beleive)
Saiyaman Saga (not sure on this one)
World Games Tournment
Babadi Saga
Buu Saga
Fusion Saga
Kid Buu Saga

Frieza DVD's supposedly do not work on PS2. Other then that you should be good.

And yes Namek Saga will be released uncut along with Saiyan Saga. (Episodes air on cartoon network in May)

Hope this helps!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1