• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime and Smokin'?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DownLoadJihad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Some animes are just mucher better when you're blaZed. Like, I can watch mecha animes without blazing, but I don't want to watch super cool animes unless I'm smoked out.

Know what I mean? Anime smile

Last edited by DownLoadJihad on Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Green_Devil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote
lol,

This is kinda a pointless thread. You should go try reading a book while high Smile. This is agaisnt the rule I think??
DownLoadJihad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry, is it really against the rules to talk about smoking weed?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
DownLoadJihad wrote:
I'm sorry, is it really against the rules to talk about smoking weed?

Err.. I don't believe "Teh Rules" mention anything about not talking about weed, but you may want to read them over again Anime smile + sweatdrop.
Green_Devil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:13 am Reply with quote
But we are going off topic, so this thread needs to be close!
DownLoadJihad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:06 am Reply with quote
Hey Green_Devil, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with anyone here, but please, if you don't like the topic, then just ignore it. You don't need to be trying to censor what other people talk about.

Smokin doobs is a huge part of the anime culture, so it would be absurd to say you can't talk about anime and weed, in my humble opinon.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quote
DownLoadJihad wrote:
Hey Green_Devil, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with anyone here, but please, if you don't like the topic, then just ignore it. You don't need to be trying to censor what other people talk about.

Smokin doobs is a huge part of the anime culture, so it would be absurd to say you can't talk about anime and weed, in my humble opinon.

Dude, you need something more intellegent to talk about. What's next? A topic on drinkin (K)ool-aid while watching anime.

Don't pretend like your'e smoking weed so you sound cool online. You really look like a high school drop out clown right about now.

Real weed smoker keep it to themselves, but some the idiotic ones that go online and try to brag about it.

Somebody need to go buy this pothead this T-Shirt
DownLoadJihad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:28 am Reply with quote
Bragging??? What are you talking about. Smoking weed isn't something to brag about.

I just enjoy smoking and watching certain animes, because it enhances the experience. If you don't like weed, or don't like the topic, or whatever, then just don't post on this thread.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:33 am Reply with quote
DownLoadJihad wrote:

Maybe where you're from, but where I'm from, smokin' pot and anime don't go together. Now, anime and LAN parties go together REAL well Very Happy.
DownLoadJihad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:35 am Reply with quote
Sir_Brass wrote:
DownLoadJihad wrote:

Maybe where you're from, but where I'm from, smokin' pot and anime don't go together. Now, anime and LAN parties go together REAL well Very Happy.

Well, to each his own, man! I'm sure there's a few peeps around here who know what im talking about. Wink

oh, and to that guy who said I was a kid, lol, I'm 29.
Tetsaiga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:42 am Reply with quote
drugs are your friend
Green_Devil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:46 am Reply with quote
Sorry but I have to say this.

You are 29 year old, smoking weed and watching anime. You have a really sad life going on. When your 29 you should start setting your life straight and quit smoking weed. Find a good girlfriend keep a hold on her and live a peaceful life without drugs.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:47 am Reply with quote
DownLoadJihad wrote:

What anime culture are you referring to? Ever heard the slogan "Anime, crack would be cheaper," it really is true. There is no particular connection between pot and anime, other than a few potheads like yourself that happen to also like anime. If you are 29 you really need something better to be proud of than the fact that you like to get high.
philg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:04 am Reply with quote
OH my god you guys are being really harsh to him! He was just trying to start a new thread topic that related to him and you all rip into his personal life, not very accepting and friendly if you ask me..
And by the way, I don't really know what it's like to watch anime while high but i could imagine how hilariously funny it would be... it sorta reminds me of Episode 17 of Cowboy Bebop...
Well anyways, people at this site are obsessed with censoring, and I find it strange why everyone is getting so angry at this guy for bringing up something "illegal" because in many anime there is lots of talk about drugs and getting stoned etc.. (samurai champloo, cowboy bebop, akira...)
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:54 am Reply with quote
Drunk, high, sh*tfaces, etc, anime is enjoyable to watch in these states. Heck, my friends and I get sh*tfaced every saturday night, and we have a trip watching adult swim. Hell, it even makes that Milkchan thing enjoyable to watch.

DownLoadJihad: Try watching End of Eva or the Utena movie next time you're messed up. Excel Saga is an even bigger trip in that state.

Drinking games are especially fun with anime as well.

And to everyone else going "you smoke weed, you suck, are a looser, and have no life" ha. You people make me laugh. Most of your are probably lying about your own habits.

It's a known fact that a large percentage of the country smokes weed (I think it's around 1 in 4 or 3 people smoke it). Marajuana is virtually harmless, especially when compared to *gasp* alcohol and cigarettes. If most non-smokers were asked to answer why is marajuana bad, or why are people who smoke it are "bad", the answer would be because, well, the government deemed it illegal. Why? Because of the conservative party in the governemnt, and their smear campaign propaganda. America did the same thing with alcohol back in the 30s. Drinking = bad. It's immoral, it does whacky things to you, stop. The ban didn't last long. Marajuana's ban was just never as sucessful at getting removed. Here's hoping America will soon look to our Canadian brothers as an example on marajuana. They at least questioned why it should be illegal, and did research.

I can assure you, not everyone who smokes pot is a looser without a life, nor are they a "druggy". Your doctor probably smokes it. Your professor, the person who helps you with your taxes, your chef at a restruant. Big whoop.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4