• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter X Hunter Question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panickinu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:41 am Reply with quote
Im currently watching the last OVA, and im a bit confused of one thing in the story line.
In episode 1 or 2, were Killua, Gon, and Biscua were on Greed Island. I remember Killua went back to the "real world" to take the hunter exam again, and he also went back to the "real world" for the second time to tell Kurapica about kuroro lucifer.
My question is how, did he get back to the real world? They were supposed to collect 99 cards to get back right (same as finishing the game)? So how did he get back?
Whats theyre explanation?
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Watch the whole series and they explain "how" he left and returned, otherwise you can read this spoiler spoiler[Greed Island is not a "mysterious" game island like the creators wanted you to believe... It is in fact a real island, but they have really powerful GI creators protecting and making sure that is kept a secret from everyone else.]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quote
You don't need to "beat" the game to get back out. After all, that bearded guy who worked for the billionaire was able to get out for a bit to scout tallent. There are two other (known) ways to exit the game. One is by using the "Leave" magic card, which is rare, but causes you to exit the game if used. The second is by using something like the "Dockmaster's Pass" or something card, which you get by beating a dockmaster in some harbor town. Both cards allow you to leave the game, but you can come back in if you want (although you lose all your cards after like three days of being outside the game).
panickinu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Yes. TY.

By the way. Is that really the end of the anime???

There are other things going on in the story but it never really showed in the very last episode of the final ova.

Is it an ongoing anime or do i have to read the manga to finished the story?
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Greed Island: Final was recently released, and is the last CURRENT HXH animated series. The manga is currently halfway through the next arc. Given HXH's track record though, there's a decent enough chance that as soon as they have enough manga to animate into a 6-12 episode OVA, they will. This is why there've been three OVA series after the tv series ended, because it keeps catching up to the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1