• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saiyuki ANIME!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kk_5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Saiyuki is the BEST anime(on my opinion)
Who read the manga before?!? and who likes the anime Saiyuki?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SpikesGrrl
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I just got into Saiyuki, I have 6 of the manga but haven't read them yet, I am going away on a trip so I am gonna read them on the plane. I have Requeim and the Gun Barrel collection (which is 2 DVD's)

Mary
Ramzacloud

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:42 am Reply with quote
A friend of mine has one of the DVDs. What's the show like?
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:53 am Reply with quote
If you think Saiyuki is the best anime you've ever seen, than you need to watch other animes beside Saiyuki.

Paranoia Agent? Fighting Spirit? Samurai X OAV?
matticans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:56 am Reply with quote
Ya I have the entire 1st and 2nd season of Saiyuki and am starting the 3rd. I think it is a pretty good series, but it deffinately isn't the "best" out there.

Like darkhunter said, try to watch some other animes, you might be suprised that there is a lot of good anime out there besides Saiyuki.
shiusa__

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:30 am Reply with quote
my mom is in love with sanzo >.>

she has all of the Saiyuki reload DVDs and taped Gensoumaden Saiyuki off the TV...and she has ALL the drama CD's and ALL the Voice albums Shocked she also has all books published about saiyuki, she ordered the actual books (NOT manga...but books) off amazon too
geh.. >.<
Lazuright

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:23 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen all of Saiyuki, or read it all, but from what i have seen it is a great anime!
ryusaki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:45 am Reply with quote
Ha me I have The movie Saiyuki Requeim,and I also have all 7 mangas that have came out....hmm...I think the manga will be finnished by July.... but w/e... but all my friends compair me Goyjo ...Ahh!!! ..oohh... she hot
DriftRoot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:09 am Reply with quote
Saiyuki's definately not the best (regardless of whatever crazy publication ranked it pretty high in the all-time best series category), but it's not the worst, either.

And I'm not talking about Reloaded, or Gunlock, I'm talking about the original Gensomaden series when animation ethics still applied. I can barely stand to watch the follow up series because the animation is so terrible.

Saiuki is one of my favorite anime's, mostly because of the refreshing characters who don't pull any punches and because it was the first series I ever watched in completion and ran out and bought on DVD. The manga is very nice, as well, although in the beginning it's not as lovely as it eventually becomes. I highly recommend Saiyuki Gaiden for anyone familiar with the storyline of the anime series and wanting a taste of M.K.'s wonderfully artistic hand.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1