• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naming 'that' song in Wolf's Rain

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kardea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:06 am Reply with quote
Alright, folks... I've got a question:

In episode 29 of the anime Wolf's Rain there is a song playing in the background as spoiler[Cheza leans over Toboue's body and then walks away.] It starts off as an instrumental and then fades into some of the most beautiful Japanese singing I've ever heard. It's a woman's voice, and she hit's some very high notes. Enya-esque. I really wanted to listen to the song in it's entirety, but I'll be damned if it's nowhere to be found on either of the two OSTs. At least, I sure can't find it... Can anyone help me out? I'd really like to find this song. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:15 am Reply with quote
First, remember to put this in the Music Forum next time Wink.

And as to your song search, I don't remember much of the episode, but the only song I know of in the entire series that's in Japanese is "Cloud 9" sung by the ever-so-talented Maaya Sakamoto. That would be track 22 on the 2nd OST.

But of course I've only seen the episode once, so my memory is fuzzy. Sorry if I'm wrong and you've already tried checking.
Kardea

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:19 am Reply with quote
Aha. I noticed the Music section after I posted. I'll keep an eye out for that one next go 'round. As for the song... Cloud 9 isn't it. Cloud 9 is far, far, far more upbeat than the one I'm thinking of. This one is more willowy-sounding, if you catch my drift. However, I had to hear the song over sound effects and dialogue, and I'm only second-semester Japanese student, so it may have been another language that randomly sounded like Japanese to my brain. But I know it's not Cloud 9. Thanks anyways, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:24 am Reply with quote
Well, here's a page with most of the songs (I guess) listed from the show. I believe all of these are on the CDs, though. So if none of these match up, then the song you heard was probably one of those unreleased tracks or something.
totalgeek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:00 am Reply with quote
Kardea wrote:

In episode 29 of the anime Wolf's Rain there is a song playing in the background as spoiler[Cheza leans over Toboue's body and then walks away.] It starts off as an instrumental and then fades into some of the most beautiful Japanese singing I've ever heard. It's a woman's voice, and she hit's some very high notes. Enya-esque. I really wanted to listen to the song in it's entirety, but I'll be damned if it's nowhere to be found on either of the two OSTs. At least, I sure can't find it... Can anyone help me out? I'd really like to find this song. Confused

Well, I just saw that episode, as well. The song Cheza sings is just "her" song. She sings it in part a few times during the series. I don't have the soundtracks, but I'm sort of surprised it wouldn't be there, as it is pretty significant to the story and gets mentioned by several of the wolves on a few occasions.

And on a side note, does anyone else cry almost the entire time during the last four episodes of Wolf's Rain? I've watched the ending twice now, and I cried both times.
Chiyo-chan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Kardea wrote:

In episode 29 of the anime Wolf's Rain....
im sorry folks to get off topic, but....

what the hell!?!?!, there is an episode 29!? i thought it ended on 26!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cloe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Wolf's Rain is made up of its initial 26-episode TV run, along with four additional OVA episodes, which provide more of a concrete, albeit depressing, ending. It all evens out, IMO, since the four filler episodes in the middle of the TV series amounted to little more than nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Alchemist449

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I thought the ending spoiler[when the world was reborn] was kind of touching.
For a good price on the cd, www.animecastle.com
totalgeek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I was going to make a new thread for my question, but it seemed redundant, so I am going to ask it here.

Does anyone know what the name of the song is that was playing at the end of the episode where Jaguara and her people are dancing in her Keep just before the wolves and Darcia show up to spoil the party?

I was hoping that it would be on the first soundtrack, since I just bought it, but I couldn't find it. I was wondering if that song was put on the second soundtrack, or not. Also, Anime Castle is selling the second Wolf's Rain soundtrack for about $10 where Amazon is selling it for about $45. Since it is an import, I'm wondering if Anime Castle is really selling legit copies of the second soundtrack?

Thanks for your help.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quote
totalgeek wrote:
And on a side note, does anyone else cry almost the entire time during the last four episodes of Wolf's Rain? I've watched the ending twice now, and I cried both times.
wow, yeah! well, almost. it takes a lot to get me to cry for a t.v. show/book/play/etc. (its not a macho thing, I just seem to be more inward with saddness, I"m not sure why), but the last episodes of Wolfs' Rain was the closest I have come in a long time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:46 pm Reply with quote
totalgeek wrote:
...Anime Castle is selling the second Wolf's Rain soundtrack for about $10 where Amazon is selling it for about $45. Since it is an import, I'm wondering if Anime Castle is really selling legit copies of the second soundtrack?

This is NOT a legit CD. The publisher for the Wolf's Rain soundtracks in Japan is Victor Entertainment. Miya Records is a bootlegging company. Don't buy it. Be patient and wait for Bandai's US release of the second OST, which I'm 99.99% sure is on its way. Or try to find a deal on the import. Just remember to look for Victor Entertainment, or you're getting jipped.

Whenever you're shopping for anime music, there are a few names you should look out for: Ever Anime, Alion, Smiley Face, Miya, and Son May. If you see these names you are NOT buying a Japanese CD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dead_Leaves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:20 am Reply with quote
I posted my own thread, but nothing for responses; so i'll ask here!

Does anybody know if the Wolf's Rain OST 2 is coming out for a U.S. Release? I am thinking about purchasing it via Japan stores, because i simply cannot wait! Talking about "that song", and the fact that it is on the second soundtrack as some of you were saying, i think this is a perfect oppurtunity to ask!

THanks for any help!
Green Bird

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quote
totalgeek wrote:

Does anyone know what the name of the song is that was playing at the end of the episode where Jaguara and her people are dancing in her Keep just before the wolves and Darcia show up to spoil the party?

I'm pretty sure the song you're talking about is Heaven's not enough sung by Steve Conte. It's the first song on O.S.T. 2 (absolutely worth getting by the way - if for no other reason than this song and Cloud 9).
totalgeek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:23 am Reply with quote
Green Bird wrote:
totalgeek wrote:

I'm pretty sure the song you're talking about is Heaven's not enough sung by Steve Conte. It's the first song on O.S.T. 2 (absolutely worth getting by the way - if for no other reason than this song and Cloud 9).

You might be right. I looked up the lyrics for Heaven's Not Enough on animelyrics.com, and they sort of sounded correct. I wish I could find a legal downloading service or something where I could hear a sample of it to make sure. I checked Amazon, and they didn't have any of those sample links for the songs like they have for some albums.

Oh well...
Angel Of Death

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Kardea wrote:

That song is some type of arrangement of what I call "Toboe's Theme". Another variation of that song (on flute) plays in the middle of Episode 2.

And the last four episodes are the most emotional parts of an anime I've seen since Fruits Basket.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2