• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone have the Fullmetal Alchemist Collector Tin?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
totalgeek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:15 am Reply with quote
I just bought the first DVD of Fullmetal Alchemist, but it was just the DVD. I was considering buying the DVD with the Collector Tin on Amazon, but I hesitated because I wasn't sure how large the tin was supposed to be.

What I mean is, I have no use for it if it is just nice to look at, however, if it is large enough to hold the full series of DVDs, then it would serve a purpose and would be worth the extra money. The pictures I found of it on the internet didn't seem very large, at all, but I couldn't really tell how big it was.

If you have the Collector's Tin, what do you think of it?
Lazuright

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:47 am Reply with quote
I think, it will hold them all. I can't be 100% becouse i don't own the rest of the series but it looks alright. I'd bet money it would them all!
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:57 am Reply with quote
The first tin actually will hold vols. 1-5, the second will hold 6-9, and the last will hold 10-13. (5/4/4)

And it is fairly nice.
matticans

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:14 am Reply with quote
The tin is really sweet looking. Though i did dislike the fact that they put the cartoon network stickers on the tin instead of on the wrapper(so annoying) Evil or Very Mad.

So if they are comming out with two more tins i wonder what goodies will come in them Anime catgrin .
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:27 am Reply with quote
matticans wrote:
The tin is really sweet looking. Though i did dislike the fact that they put the cartoon network stickers on the tin instead of on the wrapper(so annoying) Evil or Very Mad.

So if they are comming out with two more tins i wonder what goodies will come in them Anime catgrin .

I'm hoping more OSTs, because the FMA music is pretty good
matticans

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:45 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
I'm hoping more OSTs, because the FMA music is pretty good

More OSTs would be awsome. That is one of the reasons i continue to buy the GITS:SAC special Eds. On the FMA OST i really like track 32, it gives me goosey-bumps. Very Happy

I think it would be really cool if one of the tins came with a FMA knecklace or pocket watch.
KLS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I have it, and I hope the next FMA tins will be released with OSTs 2 and 3. The first OST doesn't have every song from the anime. I wonder who (or what) will grace the sides of the next tins, as well.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Lazuright wrote:
I think, it will hold them all. I can't be 100% becouse i don't own the rest of the series but it looks alright. I'd bet money it would them all!

You lost, now pay up.

Would be a lot of trouble putting out a 13-DVD Tin. So they had to use 3 tin. Actually, they people are going to pay extra 20 buck for it, so it's a smart move on Funimation's part.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Part of the reason that people seem to be buying it is because it includes the OST. When you add up the MSRP for each by themselves (DVD - ~$25, OST - ~$15) you end up getting roughly what they are charging for the collectors tin. If they keep releasing them like this then you are not coming out ahead (unless you find the tin on sale cheap) but you are not losing any money either.
SamuraiBebop713

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I avoided the tin as i felt it was too bulky for my tastes, in addition to the facts that it only holds a few volumes forcing you to purchase even more tins later. Then of course there's the additional cost. Add it all up and it just wasn't worth it for me.
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote
At the time when I was purchasing FMA, I pondered on getting the tin. Then I thought of what is the use? It is just gonna take up more room on my DVD shelf, so I didn't get it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I was going to get it but the only copy they had at Best Buy was all bent up. It does look pretty sweet though and I like soundtracks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SnowStar_7*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quote
Small question (excuse me Ed lol).

How many songs are on the OST included with the the collector tin?
matticans

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:19 am Reply with quote
There are 33 songs on the OST that comes with the tin. Very Happy
SnowStar_7*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:32 am Reply with quote
Thanks, I look forward to it Smile . Most are background music as opposed to vocal songs, correct?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2