• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cromartie High School. Opinions?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
logboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:35 am Reply with quote
hey there... anyone been watching Cromartie... looks interesting to me, plus i really like production IGs animation... definately going to buy "otogi zoshi" which starts USA discs at the end of march, but mid-way through is this other series which I've watched the trailer for, but have heard the humour doesnt quite work... anyone help me out?
jfrog

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quote
Cromartie High is BRILLIANT.

I usually hate anime humor (aside from things like Yamada-kun), but I nearly fell of my chair laughing several times when I was watching the fansubs of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
logboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:15 pm Reply with quote
tell me more - as much as you can - without spoilers! thanks...
darkxodia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:44 pm Reply with quote
hmm...its good..not too bad..not too bad at all!
^^
Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:17 pm Reply with quote
I have never heard of it or seen it. Is it now in stores, in the US, or is it still in japan?
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I was thinking about getting this next month as well but I really don't know what its about. It looks interesting though. I need to watch a comedy sometime in my life.

Slayer wrote:
I have never heard of it or seen it. Is it now in stores, in the US, or is it still in japan?

It comes out in the US on March 15. Check this website out:
http://www.animatedbliss.com/DVD/listings.asp?iName=Cromartie%20High%20School
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:48 pm Reply with quote
THank you my good sir(slickwataris) Very Happy
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:50 am Reply with quote
You can also catch the first episode on March Newtype USA's included DVD.

(I just got the issue, but haven't yet seen the disc.)
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:35 pm Reply with quote
My daughter wants it. I haven't watched the preview yet, either. She did skip theu the manga when we went to tjhe local import(bootleg) shop that puts stuff out early. Barnes & Noble is supposed to have a mini dvd of the first 2 eps when one buys the manga there & there was a manga preview in Anime Indiser or something. That one didn't impress me highly, but my daughter loved it. It looks similar to Ping Pong Club without being as consistantly perverted as Ping Pong Club. The preview manga had a segment about a gorilla in class & the boys debating if it should be allowed, yet the gorilla passed the test the Freddie Mercury clone failed. There's also a robot that's no good with machines(technologically impared?)
logboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:32 pm Reply with quote
perhaps i should skip it then... i am in my early thirties, and thing is although i bought alot of anime as a teenager, my tastes are for more substantial stuff now, but having said that i like Production IGs work a lot... its hard to find info and opinions on series sometimes that really explain whats in a show and wether it will match my taste... there must be so much good stuff i miss out on because theres so little to see about it... shame.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1