• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Have you ever been compared to an anime character?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:49 am Reply with quote
Just a matter of curiosity, have any of you ever been compared to a particular anime character(s) by other people?

Personality-wise I''ve been compared to most of the stoic male characters in animes because most of my classmates see me as the uncaring, calm person who would only open their mouth to settle a petty or ridiculous argument or to put someone down. One of my friends told me I acted like Seshomaru from Inuyasha because I never smiled and nothing ever got to me nor did I care about anything.
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:15 am Reply with quote
Not realy I have never been called anything from an anime but I do have a friend that reminds me of the clasic anime crazy girl.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Acolyte

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:24 am Reply with quote
Me personally, no. But the other day my eldest daughter was being such a clutz I called her "Tohru". Like the main character from FB, she tends to run into things. I don't think there's a wall in the house that doesn't have the imprint of her face somewhere. And can you say, "doorknobs"; She's whacked the majority of those too. Rolling Eyes

And her toes are an endangered species as well...... Wink
kamiboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:53 am Reply with quote
In a recent post someone made a rather unflattering comparison of me to someone they called "The figurine Otaku" from Paranoia Agent. I haven't seen Paranoia Agent yet so I am not really fully aware of exactly how unflattering or wrong the comparison is. However, the comparison was made due to several huge misunderstanding about me, so I don't take it very seriously. Personally I'd rather be compared to the characters in Eva; as, if I had to say so myself, I do have a great deal in common with many of them, but mostly their manga versions.

--
FDA Warning: Taking this person too seriously has proven to cause cancer in clinical trials
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:46 pm Reply with quote
nobody specifically, but when we were talking about the usual characters from classic epics/stories (you know, theres always the tough guy, the innocent girl, etc.), one of my friends told me that I'd be the monk
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
AncientDragonValgaav

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I assure you, Kamiboy, that is a very bad thing. The figurine otaku on there looks like the fat guy on Otaku no Video who records everything if that helps give you something to compare him to.
kamiboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:38 pm Reply with quote
My Otaku no Video DVD hasn't arrived in the mail yet, so I will have to wait a while. I do, however, have a pretty good idea of what we might be dealing with here. Never mind the fact that my height is 180cm, I weigh 63kg and the only thing I "collect" is movies, videogames and anime.

I wouldn’t mind being compared to Shikamaru from Naruto, though. I’m not a genius like him but I am just about as lazy as he is. That “bothersome” aspect of him reminds me a lot of myself.

--
FDA Warning: Taking this person too seriously has proven to cause cancer in clinical trials
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen the series yet, but I was once compared to that girl from Ai Yori Aoshi. It was a comparison about how I'm always cleaning and folding laundry all the time or something like that. Is this bad?! Shocked
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I haven't seen the series yet, but I was once compared to that girl from Ai Yori Aoshi. It was a comparison about how I'm always cleaning and folding laundry all the time or something like that. Is this bad?! Shocked

Yes, becuse she is a Klutz and has a 36DD bust.

I was compared to Ban Medau of GetBackers the otherday.
Baka...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Lol. Yea me and my friend just finished watching Hunter x Hunter funny that he compared me to a Hisoka and Gon mix Smile
Rendart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:02 am Reply with quote
Heh. Yeah my friends and I compare each other to charecters from several animes, the only anime that we found a name for every friend of our was naruto. Luckily I got to be Sasuke while my best friend whom I can't seem to start arguing with is naruto... I would go on and state each of my friends and who they got to be, but since none of you know us in real life it would be pointless.

-Rendart
Dachande

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:25 am Reply with quote
Everyone tells me I look like Urashima Keitaro but with a heavy drinking problem.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BRUSCO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:54 pm Reply with quote
i always saw inuyasha like ranma saotome and kaoru same as akane
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quote
kamiboy wrote:
...my height is 180cm, I weigh 63kg...

Aghh, damn you, American school system, for not teaching me the metric system! Sadly, I live in a world of feet, inches and pounds... Heh, and I had the biggest problem when I was living in Ireland because I only know Farenheit.. I'd find myself bundling up for warm weather!

As far as being compared to anime characters... I was watching Kare Kano with my boyfriend and the minute he saw Yukino, he turned to me and said, "She's just like YOU!" I'm extremely competetive, I work 24/7, and I like to be in the spotlight... but I come off as quiet and reserved around most of the people I work with. Unlike her, though, I don't hide my true thirst for attention by choice; constantly try to be assertive in public, but am plagued by a timid personality... Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Aghh, damn you, American school system, for not teaching me the metric system! Sadly, I live in a world of feet, inches and pounds...

I am so with you Cloe, every country in the world (I think) uses the metric system but we American are just too cool for that. My cellphone has a metric converter I use for those instances.
Anyways My brother and I have the Full Metal Alchemist thing going for us. I am hyper mega ultra short much like Edward, my personalty is very close to his also when I think about it. Plus I got the really light blonde hair going for me, but it's not as long as his. Makes you wonder when Ed last cut his hair, he must have bad split ends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4