• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lowest and Highest price you have paid for an anime DVD

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:34 pm Reply with quote
What is the lowest and highest price you have paid for an anime dvd? NOT A BOOTLEG, an official R1 release.

The lowest I've paid for an anime dvd was $4.99 total for a Final Fantasy Unlimited Phase 1 dvd on eBay. The highest I have paid so far is sadly $149.99 for a sailor moon season 1 uncut box set. I knew I should've waited until the price was cheaper.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote
The lowest I've ever paid was $2.99 for a brand new Boogiepop Phantom Vol.2 on eBay.

The most expensive item I ever bought is a sealed Limited Edition .hack//SIGN Vol.1 for about $150, also from eBay.
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Let's see...

The lowest I ever paid for an anime DVD was, well... nothing for the Bubblegum Crisis Hurricane Live! DVD; a friend gave me his because he never watched it. And the Record of Lodoss War OVA box set, which my boyfriend got me as an anniversary present. I think I bought vol.2 of Cardcaptor Sakura on Ebay for $3.99, too.

As for the most expensive... it was Animeigo's Super Dimensional Fortress Macross Box Set, for about $120. I still think it's one of the best purchases I ever made, though. No regrets!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I got the first three volumes of Beyblade at Walmart for 5.50 each which is also tied with a Dragonball box set (first 13 episodes) and My Neighbor Totoro. All 5.50 each.

Most expensive was Rurouni Kenshin: Wandering Samurai for 90 bucks at amazon (it was a birthday present though).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
matticans

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote
The cheapest i have gotten, though it was not just one dvd but the whole series, was the whole Tenchi GXP series with the art box at The Movie Trading Company for $29.99.

And the most expesive would probably be The LE Escaflowne box set that came with the Dark Escaflowne figure, which i believe cost me like $150.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh, actually the most expensive item I ever bought was a used LE box set of X (TV) for $185. But the .hack//SIGN was my most expensive single DVD purchase Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop.
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote
The cheapest DVD I have was 4 € (around 5.2 USD), but anyway, I got a magazine for free with it...(Well, it wasn't this way, it was this stupid and childish magazine who had anime DVD's as a selling strategy Razz)

The expensivest. Nothing out of the normal, in fact. Normal DVD's (I'm not that loaded as many of you seem to be Anime hyper)
matticans

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Oh, actually the most expensive item I ever bought was a used LE box set of X (TV) for $185. But the .hack//SIGN was my most expensive single DVD purchase Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop.

I tried getting the X TV series on ebay once too, but i gave up at $150.... too bad.... i would probably have paid $200 if i had the money Crying or Very sad

i would also like to add to dvds, vhs'. Because i get anime VHS' all the time for like .60 to 2.00 at random places like Half Price Book Store, Movie Trading Company, and even Blockbuster.
Silver_Foxfire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Hmm.....I haven't bought too much anime yet, mostly I get it from the library, TV, or downloads. My cheapest was the complete series of Sorcerer Hunters for $10.00 plus shipping, from eBay (it's used, but it's real). My most expensive.......probably $25 (plus tax) for the 2nd Inuyasha movie from a local comic shop, though that's about to change, thanks to a new job I just got....... Cool Very Happy
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Hm...this is a tricky one to answer. Cheapest in terms of least money paid would have to be the Utena movie I think, which I got for about $13 or $14 off of DeepDiscountDVD.com. But then cheapest in terms of biggest discount was the Zeta Gundam box set, which I got for $120 (again, DeepDiscount) as opposed to the MSRP of $200. However, despite their discount, the Zeta Gundam box was also still the most expensive DVD kit I've ever bought.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I bought both the complete R1 release of Kare Kano and Dai Gard for $30 each from eBay. Most expensive I've bought was probably the Gundam movie trilogy box set from Frye's - don't remember how much, though.
kamiboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote
The most expensive piece of anime I have ever bought must be the Evangelion Perfect Collection. It was only the third anime series that I bought (the first two were hentai) and the first one I purchased when I decided that I should make it my new hobby. I don't remember the exact price but I must have given something like 120-150$. I didn't know about dvdpacific or deepdiscount at the time so it was quite expensive. It, of course, got a lot more expensive when I paid the roughly 80$ additional dollars in custom fees (bastards). And even though I recently re-purchased it in the form of the Platinum edition, it was still the most satisfying purchase I have ever made.

The cheapest, in terms of most value for money, would have to be the Gasaraki set for $26 or the 3 Slayers sets that recently had their price lowered to the almost ridiculous price of 26$ a pop.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
The lowest I've ever paid was $2.99 for a brand new Boogiepop Phantom Vol.2 on eBay.

The most expensive item I ever bought is a sealed Limited Edition .hack//SIGN Vol.1 for about $150, also from eBay.

Aw, you got so gipped. I would've sold you mine for $50. ;p Always ask your friends first, man.

Most I ever paid for a single DVD was probably a standard starter set. I've try not to pay more for a DVD than MSRP.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Aw, you got so gipped. I would've sold you mine for $50. ;p Always ask your friends first, man.

Ah~ shucks. I wish I'd known you better back then. If you still have it, you could probably make a bundle off it on eBay just like that seller did with me Anime smile + sweatdrop. But thanks anyway, I'll put you on my "to buy list." Uh.. to buy from, that is Embarassed.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, some of the Urusei Yatsura TV Box Sets, the first couple being around $120 and now it looks like it dipped down to $112. The chippiest I got a DVD was a Dragonball Z (Pre-Funanimation) for $5 at the PX in Korea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3