• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tennis-type anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shana-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Hi! Could you guys help me figure this out? I have a cel that I received for free, because Celga was supposed to send me my husband's christmas present about a month ago, and they didn't until about a week ago. o.O; So I got three cels for free. Anime smile

Anyhow, I found out that two of the cels are from Super Pig (Tonde Buurin), but I can't figure out if the last cel is from the same show or not. I'll describe it, because I haven't had the chance to scan it.

It's of this guy who is playing tennis (with yellow lightning around him), he's wearing a yellow polo shirt with a small emblem of a red apple where the pocket would be. He's also wearing tight white shorts (o.o; ) and white socks. His tennis racket is blue and it looks like he has... brown or olive green hair.

The cel looks like it's probably from the late 80's to early 90's (it looks like it's drawn Sailor Moon style, but I haven't seen any screencaps to affirm this).

If it is from Tonde Buurin, or you know what show it's from, could you please post a screencap and the anime title below? Thank you!
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote
It could either be Ace Wo Nerae, or probably it's Marmalade Boy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Have you ever seen Prince of Tennis? I can't believe I am addicted to it as much as I have been.
Shana-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:16 pm Reply with quote
By any chance do you have a screenshot that might show it is from Marmalade boy? Just curious. The shots I've seen of the males, none of them wear a yellow shirt.

But it's definately not from the other show..
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:25 am Reply with quote
Shana-chan wrote:
...with a small emblem of a red apple where the pocket would be.

Does the apple have a yello piggy nose on it? If so, then it must be from Tonde Buurin.

Rozzer wrote:
Have you ever seen Prince of Tennis?

Unlikely. That one is way too new.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shana-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:37 am Reply with quote
No, it's just an apple. o.o I searched all day yesterday, but I think I'm just going to have to post it somewhere.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1