• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
best character

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
battousai_

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quote
whos the best kind of character do u like in anime?
for me LUFFY in one piece,GON in hunter,BAKI in grappler baki

[edit - PLEASE GIVE REASONS for your choices, or your posts will be deleted without warning. Read "Teh Rules" regarding List Threads. -b]
PolkadotPrincess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Well i dont really think she is the best but she is my fave...well more like they are my fave.

Faye Valentine-Cowboy bepop: I like her because she is a scam artist and a total kick a$$...plus i kinda like the b!tchy side of her too.

Nancy-Read or Die OVA orwhatever...: She was a scammer too! She kicked a$$ and was just teh coolest! I think i have a thing for scam artist.

Spike: Cowboy BEBOP-He was mysterious and kinda kept to himself...and i loved him for that.
alchemist2102

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:30 pm Reply with quote
my fav..thats hard but if i gotta choose it'll have to be between theses pples

kiba-wolf's rain-mainly because he's a know it all but isnt afriad to be proven wrong and can kick some ass in tha process

alphonse elric-full metal alchemist-c'mon he's in a metal suit, thats pretty awsome iun itself

sha gojyo-saiyuki- he's a bad mouthed, hardass that has a cool lookin scyth thingy with a chain

thats pretty much my favs
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Mikura from Mezzo, of course! She has a really fun, spontaneous personality that reminds me of every single one of the best friends I had the pleasure to meet in my lifetime. She's tough, smart, thoughtful, caring... all very POSITIVE qualities for a heroine in a world where women in anime are often stuck in the stereotype "helpless" or "bitchy" or "ear-piercingly annoying" roles. Motoko Kusanagi has these qualities as well, but not as charming a personality as Mikura. Go Danger Service Agency!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
philg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:56 am Reply with quote
Two of my favourite anime characters are from Rurouni Kenshin, the first is Sanosuke Segara: he's hilarious and so awesome! The second is Sojio or Sojiro not sure how to spell but he was in The Legend of Kyoto, and he was really cool as well.
Other favourite characters are: Arucard (Hellsing), Asuka (Eva), Naru (Love Hina), Himura and Guts (Berserk).
Kaneda5891

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quote
Spike Speigel is without a doubt the ultimate badass off all anime. There is nothing he does that isnt a distinct character trait. And he is the most realistic of almost all anime characters (not to say we watch anime for its realism), there is nothing ridiculously outlandish about him. He's just a guy with a gun. Bang.
Depression

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
My Favorite character would have to be Subaru, because of her inner strength. How she would not allow people to push her around for what she believe in or what she saw as right. And she was will to do anything to help protect these ideals. Even if she was push around by stronger characters.
Krelian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Sagara Sousuke (FMP) - I love how he can be totally calm about the most embarrassing situations, and how he has no clue whatsoever about 'normal human behavior'. You might even say he's my personal hero ^-^

Hinata (Naruto) - I'm a sucker for shy girls and I think she has yet to show her true strength!

Midou Ban (GetBackers) - Horribly strong and merciless to his enemies yet very caring when it comes to his partner Ginji - and, well, you gotta love his Jagan eyes.
radicalzone24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Love Togusa in GITS-TV. He's a human who can hold his own amongst all the cyborg Section 9 crime fighters. He makes decisions based on his human instincts as well as the online-jacked info he gets from the others. He may not have a prosthetic body, but he makes up for it with his wise, savvy, and sometimes utterly baffled interactions with the other section niners.
Shinsengumi Ky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Ky! In a Shinsengumi suit! A guy who collects teacups and fights with a sword for Kondo Isami Very Happy
Daimonwrath

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Kazuma of Scryed- He just goes and goes and goes. He has a focus for something weather a fight or a mission and he will get it done by any means necessary.

Lord Folken of Escaflowne- An outcasted man of royalty struggling with the evil inside and the love for his brother Van.

Genjo Sanzo of Gensomaden Saiyuki- A priest with a gun who smokes and doesnt give a damn on the exterior, kind and respectful underneath.

Brandon/Beyond the Grave of Gungrave- Because his belief in friendship was...extraordinarily unbending.

Those are my 4-runners Smile

D.W.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
shaggycatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:54 am Reply with quote
It has to be Priss for me (bubblegum crisis).

she's the big sister of the sabers, a tough girl when its needed but glimpses of her more vunrable side and a mysterious past make her a really intrieging character.

Not to mention she's a rock star and gets to jump around in one of the coolest mech suits there is!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1