• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Need some really goos Manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tetsaiga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote
list some really good Mangas please, besides Berserk and Kenshin

Thanks
Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:52 pm Reply with quote
This actually belongs in the Manga forum Here

For starters you can check out this thread:
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11829
or
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11000
Royal78

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote
well it really depends in what ur interested in, but i would strongly suggest you look at priest,kodocha,marmalade boy,love hina,AI love you, and chobits. FLCL is also a keeper.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
These thread are too offend redundent. We have everyone putting up thier favorite manga or the mangas they have and a lot of times I see bad recommendation because the guy recommending it havn't seen to much manga. In order to make a good recommendation, 1) put up reasons why you think it's good. When I read a list of recommendation, I don't want to read just the list but reason why they are good. 2) Read a lot of manga so you have a broad view of what's out there. 3) And finally, make sure it suits the person asking it rather than your own personal taste. Otherwise it becomes a list thread of what people have.

I think we should have a group of qualified reader to make a manga recommendation thread, so we can filter out all the crap.
cillyria

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quote
You said besides Berserk and Kenshin, so I suggest you samurai Deeper Kyo. The artwork is amazing and it's from samurais, but you have to see that's less real than kenshin, respectively it's more overnatural. I enjoy it a lot, it has humor and the story keeps you interested...Kyo, the main person, is searching his body, now in the body of kyoshiro, who is his enemy...
Only negative part: it's a very long series, so now in japan there up to 29, in english there at volume 13 (tokyopop) and in french there in volume 18 (mangakana).
Tetsaiga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:54 pm Reply with quote
i like the whole samurai stuff. I have Samurai Deeper Kyo vol 1 of the anime, but i heard the manga is way better.

so stuff like kenshin and...yeah..
JustinSane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:07 pm Reply with quote
The Naruto manga is great.. beside the annoying translation by viz with the technique names. The art is wonderful and same goes for the story. If you like all the blood and gore of Berserk you might want to give Hellsing a try.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Tetsaiga wrote:
i like the whole samurai stuff. I have Samurai Deeper Kyo vol 1 of the anime, but i heard the manga is way better.

so stuff like kenshin and...yeah..

If you're just interested in Samurai stuff, then pick up some more cultrurally hisotrical stuff than anime. Famous Samurai moves and books and etc. But in your actually more interested in the manga/anime aspect, then....um, Samurai Champloo just came out, and it's pretty awesome. I don't know know any more, it's not my cup of tea.

Onmyouji > Samurai :P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GrieverZero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quote
if you like samurai stuff try:

Samurai Deeper Kyo
Blade of the Immortal

i would also recommend

Trigun/Trigun: Maximum
Hellsing
GTO
Sousuke Segari

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quote
Yes i agree Flcl is definatly a Keeper, so is hellsing, Evangelion, Full Metal Panic, Najica, Rahxephon, Battle Royal, just to name a few good ones i have been loking at.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
its not really samauri, but Ranma 1/2 is really good, too.
its a whole bunch of martial arts (anything thinkable--martial ice-skating to martial tea ceremonies), and its pretty darn funny, too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tetsaiga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote
GrieverZero wrote:
if you like samurai stuff try:

Samurai Deeper Kyo
Blade of the Immortal

i would also recommend

Trigun/Trigun: Maximum
Hellsing
GTO

I was also looking at Blade of the Immortal, but i have no clue where to find it...
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I was also looking at Blade of the Immortal, but i have no clue where to find it...

You can ask most bookstores to special order it, or you could look for a comicbook store in your area.
Joe Arizona

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes i agree Flcl is definatly a Keeper, so is hellsing, Evangelion, Full Metal Panic, Najica, Rahxephon, Battle Royal, just to name a few good ones i have been loking at.

Yes! I am not the only person who is reading Najica Blitz Tactics! Sweet redemption. Other than the afore-mentioned Najica, I would add Kare Kano and Chrono Crusade. Kare Kano is full of high school inter-personal angst, and is also quite funny. As a former high school student in a previous life, there are definitely some aspects of the story I could relate with. On the action side of things, Chrono Crusade has the same allure that Hellsing had on me, meaning something that was a little different from what I was looking at, err, at the time. Although the idea of a sometimes bumbling, kick-butt female protagonist is by no means new one, this time we are following a nun with a demon side-kick. Chrono is too cool to pass up, with all kinds of evil seeking redemption/ personal quest accomplishing aspects to it. The anime is pretty good too, by the way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1