• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FLCL

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Wink WHO is your fav. FLCL people
Sasquatch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Wow FLCL is a anime that I haven't seen in along long time! My fav person on FLCL is the guy who gets robots pulled out of his head. That poor kid, in every episod he gets a giant robot pulled out of his head. Now that is what I call a head ace. Mad Anime cry
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote
what does FLCL stand for?
I've seen it as Fooly Cooley and Furi Kuri, but I don't know which one is right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
The Frankman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I say Fooly Cooly. I don't have a favorite on the show, they all were crazy and I can't endorse it anyway. Why? Because of this:

This is your brain.
This is GAINAX's brain at high activity: Neon Genesis Evangelion
This is GAINAX's brain on crack: FLCL

Any questions?
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:24 pm Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:

FLCL doesn't really stand for anything. As far as the Furi Kuri/Fooly Cooly thing goes, both are correct. In Japanese, it would be フリクリ. The romanization would be Furi Kuri. Fooly Cooly, however, works better in English. And, for the record, Furi Kuri doesn't mean much of anything either.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
BoygetsfireD wrote:

FLCL doesn't really stand for anything. As far as the Furi Kuri/Fooly Cooly thing goes, both are correct. In Japanese, it would be フリクリ.

It would be [][][][]? Ok, I sorta symphatize with "Ta-ku" because he had to put up with some crazed alien girl.

A FLCL "Double Meaning" quote- spoiler["So, this is what boys really feel like!"] Shocked
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:18 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Ok, I sorta symphatize with "Ta-ku" because he had to put up with some crazed alien girl.

Sorry for the linguistics lesson, but it's actually "Ta-kun", short for Naota-kun.
-Kun is a more friendly version of -san (as in Haruko-san). I've only ever seen it used for guys, though - mostly for people's friends. It seems more friendly than -san. But not as friendly/cute as -chan. That one seems to be reserved for girls.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:23 am Reply with quote
It's actually more like "Tak-kun," which, if I'm recalling correctly, was a pet-name Mamimi had for Naota's big brother that she started using on him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The Frankman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:30 am Reply with quote
Naota! That's the name! How about on the fake name Harara Haraku, or Raharu? Those right? I'm going on memory here.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:40 am Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
Harara Haraku,

Haruko Haruhara.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Thats a tough question because you only see about three characters that you can see as....developing...or can see what "they are about" i guss how you can phrase it. MY choice would be Haruko. because she is an alien, she has a Rickenbacker bass guitar, and she has an ultimate goal and does not care who gets harmed to achieve it. She also seems to have a constant pseudo-curiosity becuase she alredy knows what is going to/is happinging. But at times, like in the last episode, she is GRRRRRRR I WANT....then when that line Naota says WHAM! there she is smiling and it creates a complex theme. Perhaps that theme is nobody care about nothing at all. Haruko is truly a complex character an muh favorite.
msi435

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quote
FLCL is a crazy/whacked out/intergalctic/fustrated/orgy of violence and sexual tension (a common theme among ginax's works). Haruko makes the series, she is the reason why everything happens and with out her the series would just be a depressed boy living in his brother’s shadow, and a girl who smokes too much cigarettes.
imaginary_num6er

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:04 am Reply with quote
It might be only me, but I thought the abbriviation of the so called "disease" that Naota-kun had according to Haruko in episode 2, was FLCL. The disease I am talking about is how robots come out of his head and how Naota-kun has no brain when his head is viewed in an x-ray. Wink

I might be wrong so it would be nice if someone double checks.
FullMetal52
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:30 pm Reply with quote
is it only seven episodes or did they make more? or are they going to make more?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Six episodes, and do not dredge up old topics like this again.

Locked.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1