• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
.hack//sign music is the best

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:19 am Reply with quote
Out of the 25 sum odd anime series that I have seen I think that the music in the anime series .hack//sign is the best. I especialy like the main theme "The world" the intro ("Obbsesion") is also very good. Surprisingly the music is mostly all in english. Which is cool, but I personly like Japanese voice music. Tell me what you think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:24 am Reply with quote
I used to think that until I watched Cowboy Bebop.
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:29 am Reply with quote
Ya I thought cowboy bebop was good but i still thought that .hack//sign was better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I think .hack//SIGN's music is wonderful. It's very ambionic and each piece of music seems to carry its own energy, which is perfect for conveying the right moods at the right times.

This and Noir are the only pieces of Ms. Kajiura's music I've had the joy of listening to, but I like her style, as it is very European-sounding. I especially like the vocal pieces from //SIGN in either langauge.

And as for the reference to Bebop, just so you know, the English vocals for //SIGN were sung by Emily Bindiger, who coincidentally also sang a little bit in Bebop. She has a very beautiful singing voice, and I'm glad she did the English vocals, rather than taking a chance at an Engrish singer Anime smile + sweatdrop.

All in all, I'd say //SIGN ranks, at least, in my top 5 favorite OSTs. It's a very pleasant and relaxing audio experience with each track Smile (except for maybe "Aura" because I don't like things in Minor Razz).
The Frankman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I got the soundtracks, and "Key of the Twilight" and "Open your Heart" (reprise) are two of my faves. I always listen to the music when I'm on a long roadtrip, and though I love the series I bought the CD's before I ever bought the DVD. There's a certain New Age beat to the songs that get me . . .
Depression

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:30 am Reply with quote
I enjoy listen to both .hack//sign OSTs. I think that they were very well done and generally enjoy listen to Kajiura's music. I enjoy who calm and relaxing they usually are. My favorite song of hers would have to be Fake Wing. This is because of its representation of the situation between Tsukasa and Subaru.
Sasquatch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:57 pm Reply with quote
.hack my fav anime, I love the story and music of .hack and probably my fav song from .hack was the opening from .hack//sign. Up until resontly .hack had was not only my fav anime but also had my fav anime songs, but now my fav anime song is the opening of sister princess. But .hack// is still my fav anime. Very Happy
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I thought NOIR's soundtrack was better than .hack//SIGN. And Yuki Kajiura needs to do more memorable soundtracks than the two mentioned above.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Eric

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
Actually, I thought NOIR's soundtrack was better than .hack//SIGN. And Yuki Kajiura needs to do more memorable soundtracks than the two mentioned above.

I think her work in Xenosaga Episode II is very good. In my opinion, it definitely qualifies as memorable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I really liked the soundtracks to both .hack//SIGN and Noir, as well. I think she also did some work on Gundam SEED as well.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:18 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
I really liked the soundtracks to both .hack//SIGN and Noir, as well. I think she also did some work on Gundam SEED as well.

Yep, she composed the first ending theme, "Anna ni Isshou Datta no ni," as well as the insert song "Akatsuki no Kuruma." Not sure if she did anything else (short of the instrumental version of "Anna ni..."), but those are her two most prominent contributions to the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Taruto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:10 pm Reply with quote
The soundtracks for .Hack//Sign is one of my favorites too, it's got a lovely mix of styles and themes behind it. *nodnod* They're both great CDs if you need to keep calm in any way or concentrate... really peaceful. My personal favorites are "Aura" and "Fake Wings".

I liked what I heard of the music from Cowboy Bebop, but I'm not quite so sure. I might try and find the soundtrack somewhere.. Cowboy Bebop was only aired for a short while in the UK, and at a stupid time.
vivaldi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Part of what sold me on Noir was the soundtrack. I loved the soundtrack for .hack//SIGN so much (have Vols. I & II), that when I saw Noir had the same composer I had to have it. Not disappointed!
nerei

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:32 am Reply with quote
When I first watched the anime, I immediately know that I must have the .hack//SIGN OST. It's just soooo good. My personal favs from the OST are Fake Wings and To Nowhere. Kimi ga Ita Monogatari from .hack//LIMINALITY is good too. I have yet to listen to any music from Noir, and I feel that although Cowboy Bebop's songs are good, I still prefer .hack//SIGN.

No matter what, my personal favs are songs by Megumi Hayashibara! Very Happy
joon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:32 pm Reply with quote
this is huge debate who is better yuki kajiura or yoko kanno?

personally i can't choose between them. But i dont really like punk jazz songs which is from yoko kanno.

Yuki Kajiura grew up in germany until middle school so yuki kajiura composes songs that has european classic song rhythms which are very sentimental and emotional.

That is why when i listen to yuki kajiura songs, i never forget the title, tracknumber, album cause it just sticks in my brain automatically. However, yoko kanno songs, some osts i don't really like it because i don't really like american pops but i like some of her songs such as tank, the real folks blue, ask dna.

Also The Vision of Escaflowne songs fit very well with animes but they all had same styles.

so bottom line is, Yuki Kajiura composes songs that are more sentimental and emotional and Yoko Kanno composes songs that are punky and jazz. Therefore i like Yuki Kajiura more than Yoko Kanno.

My fav Yuki Kajiura song
- ALL OF SONGS COMPOSED BY YUKI KAJIURA, noir ost, madlax ost, hacksign ost, new kimagure orange road ost, xenosaga 2 ost, aquarian age ost, myhime ost, gundam seed inserts (lacus clyne song fields of hope)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3