• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:11 am Reply with quote
I really like the Bleach anime Smile. I was wondering what you guys and girls thought of it thus far(I'm up to episode 12 by the way). I'm glad there is comedy in it, action, drama, etc. Also is it just me or does Ichigo look like a cross between Naruto and Cloud Strife? Hopefully one day there will be a movie of Bleach.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:22 am Reply with quote
I'm torn when it comes to this series for some reason. On the one hand I like it because I think it has the potential to be great, but on the other hand I find it to be vastly over rated. After 12 eps i'm still not hooked, but i'll keep watching.

~LoneWolf
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:44 am Reply with quote
I like the manga better for some reason. But I guess it's likely whatever you seen/read first.
ThatMatt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Its a good show. That sword is cool. The story isn't that bad either, and the action is good.
Kyo Kyo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I love Bleach......but i have to say from my piont of view or from experiance Bleach is better in the Manga
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Ichigo's looks remind me of Seiji from Midori No Hibi. *snort* Is short spiky blond/goldenrod hair the new "in" thing in male character design? Anime hyper
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
Ichigo's looks remind me of Seiji from Midori No Hibi. *snort* Is short spiky blond/goldenrod hair the new "in" thing in male character design? Anime hyper

Hair dyed golden is a sign of rebelliousness among Japanese youth - or rather, it used to be. I understand fashion is moving on, and gold hair is now viewed as almost quaint by the new generation of rebellious kids. Rolling Eyes Anyway, it lives on in anime as an indicator that the wearer is "bad seed".

spoiler[Seiji's hair is dyed (in Midori no Hibi), but Ichigo's hair (in Bleach) is naturally that colour (perhaps as a result of his unusual spiritual potential?). This causes him some trouble, as people assume he is a troublemaker. He remarks on it several times, both in the manga and the anime.]

-abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote
I have only seen the first 12 epps and I liked it seems like a very good show. Would be a great show for adultswim they would not have to edit anything out. Its a great show.
Haku_Shinobi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I've read almost all of the manga out so far and it is one of my favorite animes i would suggest watching or reading it! Bleach i awsome!!
Haku_Shinobi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I've read almost all of the manga out so far and it is one of my favorite animes i would suggest watching or reading it! Bleach i awsome!!
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I've watched the first five episodes of the anime and its pretty good. I probably like the manga better though. Can't wait for volume 5 to come out!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JackBassV

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Good as Anime, better as Manga!

For some reason, I don't like the "Ninja" guy they've added; He just doesn't fit in.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:17 am Reply with quote
I like the manga, although I'm getting a major YuYu Hakusho vibe from it (probably the team already forming thing).
I like Kon.
JackBassV

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Kon's good, but Orihime's better Smile
I'm currently watching a mix of sub and raw, so Orihime's character is evolving, and becoming less of a klutz.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:20 pm Reply with quote
At first, when I watched the first episode I wasn't too sure if this was going to be the anime for me. I'm kinda tired of seeing so many series that revolve around "let's kill monsters". But I like the humor and the characters alot, so that pretty much makes things alot better for me.

I just hope this series isn't going to be running 70+ episodes, cause there are ALOT of series out right now that follow the more than 26 episodes structer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2