• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach (manga).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote
@everydaygamer: Perhaps not, but spoiler[did he have to gain fullbring powers, and then lose those powers, in order to get his Shinigami powers back?

Rukia's sword wasn't her own Zanpaktou? Where did you notice that? Also, why is everyone saying she was promoted to vice captain? She didn't say anything...]
I think reading scans affects my ability to pick up really subtle visual clues...shows me for reading scans, I guess! Very Happy

spoiler[I did notice that Ichigo's sword and uniform are different now, and I actually likehis new threads! :])
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

spoiler[Rukia's sword wasn't her own Zanpaktou? Where did you notice that? Also, why is everyone saying she was promoted to vice captain? She didn't say anything...]I think reading scans affects my ability to pick up really subtle visual clues...shows me for reading scans, I guess! Very Happy

spoiler[I did notice that Ichigo's sword and uniform are different now, and I actually likehis new threads! :])

in one of the previous chapters spoiler[you can see ishin and urahara carrying the sword though it looks incomplete, can't remember the chapter though. but you can tell it wasn't her sword cause her sword is clearly still sheathed,]

spoiler[also they are saying she's a vice captain due to her new uniform specifically the arm band.]
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
Chapter 459: I get the feeling the main reason as to why spoiler[they waited until now to give Ichigo back his powers the way they did was because he never verbally confessed he wanted his powers back; verbally being the last shred of pride breaking and his weakness in himself fully emerged after trying so hard to be strong when he lost his powers. They probably needed to make sure of his conviction and deep wanting of the powers before they tried stabbing him again.]

And like everydaygamer points out, spoiler[that's probably not Rukia's sword seeing that she is still wearing her's on her hip and it's safe to jump to the conclusion that she's a lieutenant (or whatever 2nd in command is) now that she has the armband. We'll get an confirmation in a chapter or 2. Depending if they fight here or not.]
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:20 am Reply with quote
Haha, so I like that they pretty much straight out answered my questions right away. spoiler[Bad acting and blablabla Tsukishima made himself a villain to Ginjo... I still don't see why that would entirely change his motive from stealing Ichigo's powers to just helping him regain them, though, seems like he'd just be racing Tsukishima in order to steal them. But I guess I shouldn't think too much about it. Also: so they purposefully left Uryuu's memories unchanged just to give Ichigo a fighting chance in figuring it all out... even though he never really came close to making that connection? Nice. It seems more like Kubo just needed an excuse to have Uryuu bust in and make the dramatic reveal, there, but whatever.

Also, yeah, I'm kind of annoyed that it seems like Ichigo went through all of this fullbring nonsense for no reason. Guess what, Rukia just had to stab you with a special sword the whole time is all! Silly Ichigo. I'm guessing they'll say they had to let him learn fullbring in order to reawaken his spiritual powers again, or some nonsense like that, but... he just got them stolen all over again, didn't he? Or did Ginjo leave some tiny sliver? And in that case, it seems like Kisuke, Isshin and Rukia knew all about what was going on (especially considering how they showed up at the perfect time), but did absolutely nothing to help up until now. Kind of dickish on their parts, but, again, I probably just need to remind myself that this is BLEACH, and to stop over-thinking it. Either way, I really just want to see him kick some ass at this point. Also, thank god he is done with that horrible fullbring outfit.]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hidansama92

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:57 pm Reply with quote
And we arrive at a flashback, please Kubo can we skip this and cut to Urahara and Isshin arrival at the scene. I want to know more about Isshin and how he's releated to the fullbring arc. Honestly its one of the few reasons why I still read every week
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quote
Bleach has officially entered it's final arc (a few weeks ago, actually) and there still isn't a whole lot of discussion on this thread! LOL!

I suppose there isn't a lot to talk about just yet. The enemy (The "Van Den Reich") seem to be a mix of Arrancar and Quincy. They have declared war on Yamamoto and Soul Society ('bout time someone did) and they spoiler[killed Yamamoto's second-in-command, Sasakibe, which is probably the most significant thing Sasakibe has done in the entire manga.]

Still waiting for an Isshin Gaiden. I hope there is an Isshin Gaiden before the manga is complete, anyway.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
Having never really considered her much of an antagonist, I'm a bit disheartened by spoiler[Tier Halibel]'s current predicament. spoiler[(I've always seen her as being so unenthusiastic about being Espada Tres to the point of becoming more of a protagonist.)] spoiler[Chojiro Sasakibe] has always been my favorite of the lieutenants, probably due to such a lack of information about who seemed to be an engaging character, and although he was such the quiet character, he shan't be forgotten.

This Vandenreich... Well, whoever has quit reading, just as I had after Aizen had finally been taken down, should really probably pick it back up again. I'm just a bit optimistic Wink

Edit 03/28: ...At this point, I'm feeling much sympathy for Old Man Yama. Sad

Edit 04/05: Geez, between Harry Potter and this, what's with all of the references to Nazi Germany lately? Anime hyper
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:28 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the last chapter gave me really uncomfortable Nazi vibes. Please don't go there, Kubo, I'm begging you.

More interesting is how spoiler[Uryuu refused to go with Ichigo, giving a lame excuse for his lack of participation. We haven't had any official confirmation that the Vanderreich are Quincy-related, but it seems like they are. Does Uryuu know about them already? Does he have a plan for going after them on his own? It's weird.

OTOH, I'm so glad child!Nell and Pesche are back!!! I actually really liked Nell in the manga/anime, and Bleach needs more comic relief, even if it's on the silly side. I hope Dondachakka doesn't stay kidnapped for long, either.]

Ichigo having a hot head and running off to save former enemies against new adversaries he knows nothing about, with no strategy or any sort of plan? This manga has no character development whatsoever! Ichigo hasn't changed since chapter 1. If anything, he's gotten more impulsive. Guess he won't change at all, then. Then again, Urahara sending Ichigo & friends off on a dangerous mission without any information or preparation is also treading old ground...

Edit: In chapter 488,spoiler[ Mayuri officially informs the Captains that the Vandenreich are Quincy, confirming what fans have known since the first page of this arc, although it's interesting that he can't figure out anything else about them (including the fact that they took over Hueco Mundo, apparently. You'd think Urahara would let them know that, as it's kind of important...)]
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Nipple!!!

That is all.
Papochulo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Nipple!!!

That is all.

Wow, that's it in more than a year? I guess people have gotten bored with the series.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
The conversation that erupted under the report that Bleach is taking a 5 week break suggests otherwise...People are still reading Bleach even if they don't like it or comment on it much. I know I do!

Some new developments:
--Misaki was a Quincy! I didn't mind this revelation/retcon. It gives Misaki more agency in her story, and neatly connected and explained the tensions between Misaki, Ryuken Ishida, and Isshin Kurosaki. Kubo even introduced Ryuken's wife (& Uryuu's mom) and explained how she died. Not half bad for a shonen manga backstory.

--Evil!German-esque, dead-ish Quincys! Wow, Kubo, nobody has made Germans evil before! Laughing

You know what this manga needed? A ton of new bad guys we don't care about! Complete with internal politics and attack names loosely based on a foreign language! Thrill at Evil!Quincys attacking each other and getting mad that their leader chose a half-blood nobody as successor! Isn't strife among in the bad guys' ranks fascinating?

Talking about that half-blood nobody~

--Uryuu Ishida joins the bad guys! Uh, why did Uryuu do *exactly* what Orihime did in the last arc about dead-ish, foreign language using bad guys? It didn't work out so well for her, and we don't even have the courtesy of knowing what brought Uryuu to the Evil!Quincys. WTF?

--Some good guy characters died! 'bout time. Too bad their deaths were lame. Especially spoiler[Unohana's. Well, at least the new Captain-Commander is better than the old one. ]
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget the turn that Zangetsu is really Yhwach. Wink
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:04 am Reply with quote
Yeah, what is that all about? Zangetsu already had multiple forms and transformations.

Also, how on Earth do you pronounce "Yhwach"?!
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:55 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Yeah, what is that all about? Zangetsu already had multiple forms and transformations.

Also, how on Earth do you pronounce "Yhwach"?!

They all have looked relatively the same and like Yhwach, so that helps in rationalizing it.

I pronounce Yhwach "EEH-WAK". Try to say the first h like how some people put the h before the w in "Cool Whip".
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Aaand, hoping this doesn't meet the necroposting time limit.

Latest chapter was so-so, Mayuri already pulled this time altering drug prank before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 33 of 33