• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Biglobe Poll: Most Disappointing New July Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Among the 4,824 votes cast

Idolmaster-459 votes.
So the most disappointing title took less than 10% of the vote? All the others a smaller percent from there?
Fact of life-every show has fans & every show has those who dislike it. 10% isn't all that bad.
That could be the ones disappointed the show creators varied from the standard female character those 459 fanboys drool over.
So calm down people. I'm headed to Comic-con Wednesday. That's our own geekfest where I expect to hear stuff put down while I wander the halls. (Of course, I couldn't believe the people who were jazzed over Snakes on a Plane the year it came out. I either kept running into the same 5 fanboys, or all the people who actually liked it had to have been in attendance.)
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:26 am Reply with quote
Don't know why people complain about interest stories, when they don't have to read them. Personally, I pick and choose what I read, and I found this interesting enough to read. Obviously, it was interesting enough for the complainers to read, and then talk about it here. Which is all 'win' for ANN.

The very nature of this poll is going to be negative, so that most of the summer season is going to be on it. Those that love these shows are not going to be able to vote for them. They can only vote for the show they don't like.

Another thing to remember, is that Japanese tastes in anime, sometimes are markedly different than Western tastes.
JDuks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:47 am Reply with quote
I'd say the only shows this season that were a disappointment were Dantalian no Shoka, Morita-san wa Mukichi, and Kamisama Dolls. Every other show was exactly what I thought it would be.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:28 am Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Quote:
~Natsume is doing REALLY well from what I've heard.

If you look at the favorite new July anime Natsume is pretty high there, higher than in this poll. Being disappointed in an anime does not mean it is bad. I can't say why some of these shows are disappointing the fans on Biglobe, all the poll does is show numbers with no explanation.

Natsume 3 has the same quality as the previous 2, in writing, just about everything, maybe the art level is higher. You'd have to be really dumb to be disappointed by that.

Nothing is a disappointment so far, but then again, I haven't tried that many yet.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:38 am Reply with quote
hmmm, I wonder what is "disappointing" about Ro-Kyu-Bu!? saying "disappointing" makes you think a person expected one thing and got another... but I can't imagine anyone thinking Ro-Kyu-Bu! would be anything other than it is. Is there too much Basketball? Not enough naked lolis? Are the girl's constant blushes not red enough?

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
machetecat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
5 Natsume Yūjin-Chō San

I'm disappointed in your disappointment, Japan.
tsunayakuin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Don't care for: The IDOLM@STER (no good fanservice), Natsume Yūjin-Chō San, Uta no Prince Sama— Maji Love 1000%, Sacred Seven, No. 6, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan 2, Nyanpire The Animation.

Waiting for dub: Blood-C, Baka to Test to Shōkanjū Ni!(maybe, hate romance without extreme fanservice).

Waiting for uncensored: Manyū Hiken-chō, Mayo Chiki!, Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi, R-15.

Watching only for fanserivice: Ro-Kyu-Bu!, Yuruyuri, Kaitō Tenshi Twin Angel.

Seems interesting/watching: Kami-sama no Memo-chō(for now, waiting for boring Alice-Narumi pairing to drop it), Mawaru Penguindrum, Kamisama Dolls, Dantalian no Shoka, La croisée dans un labyrinthe étranger, Morita-san wa Mukuchi, Nekogami Yaoyorozu.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Quote:
~Natsume is doing REALLY well from what I've heard.

If you look at the favorite new July anime Natsume is pretty high there, higher than in this poll. Being disappointed in an anime does not mean it is bad. I can't say why some of these shows are disappointing the fans on Biglobe, all the poll does is show numbers with no explanation.

Natsume 3 has the same quality as the previous 2, in writing, just about everything, maybe the art level is higher. You'd have to be really dumb to be disappointed by that.

Nothing is a disappointment so far, but then again, I haven't tried that many yet.

Or people could have had just really high expectations before watching the shows and the shows didn't meet the expectations, hence the disappointment. I am not saying that is the case for every anime there but I know Idolm@ster, Ro-kyu-bu, and Natsume were highly anticipated(anime there gets more hype than a single page blurb with individual plot summaries before airing) anime but something about them is disappointing.

Some of these 'disappointing' anime still are fan favorites of the season.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Gene548 wrote:
Stop rating anime. it harms a bunch of people. idolm@sters had alot of hard work and effort put into it. don't throw it down like it was worthless and say it was the most disappointing anime.. I believe that all the summer releases are really good. don't rate them good or bad until THEY ARE COMPLETE.

...Mother of God...this pretty much sums up thread..and not because of the message's intent, but because of it's salty tone.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Japan poll, this represents everyone on the net.. cool story bro.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote
tsunayakuin wrote:
Don't care for: The IDOLM@STER (no good fanservice), Natsume Yūjin-Chō San, Uta no Prince Sama— Maji Love 1000%, Sacred Seven, No. 6, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan 2, Nyanpire The Animation.

Waiting for dub: Blood-C, Baka to Test to Shōkanjū Ni!(maybe, hate romance without extreme fanservice).

Waiting for uncensored: Manyū Hiken-chō, Mayo Chiki!, Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi, R-15.

Watching only for fanserivice: Ro-Kyu-Bu!, Yuruyuri, Kaitō Tenshi Twin Angel.

Seems interesting/watching: Kami-sama no Memo-chō(for now, waiting for boring Alice-Narumi pairing to drop it), Mawaru Penguindrum, Kamisama Dolls, Dantalian no Shoka, La croisée dans un labyrinthe étranger, Morita-san wa Mukuchi, Nekogami Yaoyorozu.

I'm just curious, but by chance, did you vote 3 times in the biglobe poll? lol
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:54 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Quote:
Among the 4,824 votes cast

Idolmaster-459 votes.
So the most disappointing title took less than 10% of the vote? All the others a smaller percent from there?
Fact of life-every show has fans & every show has those who dislike it. 10% isn't all that bad.

Except the vote is diluted over 24+ other choices, so anything over the not-more-than-4% expected value bears notice. This show came in at well over double that. Having a low percentage only matters when you can flip it to form a reasonable expectation of the inverse (that ~90 weren't disappointed.) Look at our good friend the US tax code, significant control can happen even at 2-5% based on circumstances.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2