• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mobile Suit Gundam - The Novel(s)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vekou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Any Gundam fanatics here will definitely know what I'm talking about. Yoshiyuki Tomino has written several Gundam novels, and three of them based the original Gundam series were released here a long time ago (early 90s). A few months ago they were re-released here by Stone Bridge Press in one volume under the title "Mobile Suit Gundam - Awakening, Escalation, Confrontation." I actually found it and bought it today at a store (it's huge!). Here's a link to it on TRSI if you're interested: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/0NQQCygmTdvffCnfoQ/browse/item/61457/4/0/0

I'd like to see an entry for this in the encylopedia (under "Not manga but related") because I see other books in there as well. As it stands I can't add a novel into the encyclopedia, so could one of the higher-ups consider doing this? Thanks.
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:13 am Reply with quote
I'm half way through it and all I can say is WOW Shocked . I thought that the anime was something big, this is bigger. I'm with you Vekou this definitely should be in the encyclopedia the same for other anime novels. Please great keepers of the forum put this in the encyclopedia.
Vekou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:14 am Reply with quote
This one is kind of drifting down the page, so I thought I'd bump it. Come on, guys, am I talking to myself here? Just put this title in the encyclopedia; I'll fill in all the info.
Amibite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Yes, lots of series have novels related to them.

Twelve Kingdoms, Yuugiou, Gundam, Orphen..

But it don't think there's enough to warrent a new catagory.
quincyarcher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, most series have novels. I guess the best way to decide what goes into the 'not manga, but related' section would probably just be what gets published in the American market as it seems to be currently(and maybe the Kodansha translations as well?). I don't think Japanese-only novels for series would do anything but fill up space, with little information about them. Boogiepop Phantom has tons of novels, but until there's an English release, I doubt there'll be little fan interest in them. Whereas Paranormal Investigators and the Slayers novels *are* in English and thus more information and interest is likely to be related to them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1