• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suggestion for the Encyclopedia

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I often find myself going to Japanese websites to try and figure out what time of the day certain shows air in Japan. Is there any chance that we could try adding that information to the encyclopedia pages? I find it useful when I'm trying to figure out, generally, what audience certain shows are targeted at.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Sounds good to me, I used to visit a website that did just that to a point. Unfortunatly they haven't been updated in quite some time. I see where you're coming from, other than running Babel Fish through a Japanese schedule there really aren't any good sources and none that keep a show specific running archive that I'm aware of.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
quincyarcher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Hmm.. Well, the Japanese Newtype is really good about listing the air times and channels things aired on(to make it easier for fans to decide what to tape). If someone had regular to the Japanese Newtype to input that, it would be neat. (I think the American Newtype also does this to a lesser extent, too).
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't see the problem. Nearly all the shows that are currently airing have websites dedicated to them, and these sites generally have complete info on air dates and times.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, but those only last for so long. Like I said, I'd kinda like to see a running archive. You can find most info on a show's website, but we still have an encyclopedia collecting that data here, eh?

Emerje
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:39 pm Reply with quote
When a series ends, the information usually dissapears from the Japanese website. I'd just like to have it handy some times.

Has anyone thought about how to implement it into the encyclopedia?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it involves
1) refactoring the episode list and make it possible for each episode to have titles in multiple languages, air dates, channels, etc, etc.
2) keept the air date&time maintained and up-to-date

Neither of those are small tasks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
When a series ends, the information usually dissapears from the Japanese website.

That only happens to TV Tokyo's webpage made for a specific anime. Go to dedicated websites and pages made by production studios or hardcore fans. Their information last much longer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1