• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk's Golden Age Arc to Be Made Into 3 Anime Films

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Three movies makes sense. I can't wait to see.
GordanHam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There are hundreds and thousands of people who have been waiting for this day to come for 15 years. If you don't like Berserk, that's fine, but why the hate for all the people that do? I've watched the old anime several times, and have read the manga through 2 times, and it's still one of my favorite mangas to date. Scratch that, it IS my favorite. A full anime reboot is a dream come true. For you to wish such negativity on all the fans and the hardworking team that expects to be employed for the next 10 or so years working on this project, shows that you're a pretty insensitive and self centered punk. Don't be a punk.

Cool! I actually got a reply, on any other subject I would totally be right there with you too. See, the thing is, I don't wish any ill will to the fans, I wish it to the project. This is an entertainment industry and series that make money will continue and those that don't won't. You see, I don't like Berserk and I don't think it deserves this treatment, and so I wish the project ill will. It is the same for any person who wathces tv and sees a bad show and can't understand why it is successful and hopes it gets canceled. Every show has it's fans and I hope they enjoy themselves, but honestly when a series is bad expect there to be people who would like it to fail. It's just their opinions. It's not like they are going out and burning the production building.
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:52 am Reply with quote
uh, yeah, this is the definitive version of the series. I don't know why there's hate all of the sudden now that we've finally got it confirmed that they're taking their time with it.

I've only read up to the end of the Retribution arc - and while there are parts of the story that slow it down and parts that serve as distractions, the story is very intricate. Perhaps a bit perverse, but the story stems from a history of violent comics, much alike Conan the Barbarian.

I suspect that we'll get our Black Swordsman arc as the 4th movie then. Then they'll take one movie for the lost children, and then one movie for inquistors (that arc moves REALLY FAST even for the number of chapters in it)

Now, I'm not usually a fella for censorship - but the manga is really sick at times. I don't know if they can even put that stuff in motion without totally disgusting out the audience. It'll be the new Ninja scroll for our decade.
Ifrit30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:28 am Reply with quote
here is a first trailer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=p286WtHoK2g

looking good, but the cgi is disappointing + guts apparently doesn't have the same voice actor.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Looks decent but really disliking the over use of CGI but hey what are you gonna do? Just glad that they're doing it. Let's hope that it will be good and not a slop job just because...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3