• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rightstuf Countdown Page

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoverTX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:23 am Reply with quote
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:29 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the tie-fighter-esque background is just a reference to the whole 'dark lord Kleckner' thing... they have him done up as Darth Vader on the site all the time.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:33 am Reply with quote
Can't wait! Even though I don't attend AnimeExpo, I love all the announcements that come out of it. Definitely seems to be R1 distribs favourite springboard.
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Or...is it a clue? Hmmm...something in space?
RoverTX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Or Mabye Tie = Thai? So Thai Fighter? Anything out there set in Thialand that's up there ally? Also it might be the emperor's room on the death star from EP 6 which means it might be Star something. The PR basically says it's a clue... So it's got to mean something......
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Suggestion I saw on Twitter that would be f'ing amazing but highly unlikely: Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote
ZakuAce wrote:
Suggestion I saw on Twitter that would be f'ing amazing but highly unlikely: Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

The pants of those who care about the show would be creamed to kingdom come if that was the announcement.

You can never tell with TRSI when it comes to licensing announcements, so I'm just hoping to be pleasantly surprised, regardless of whether I actually want the title or not.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's a sign that they're going to step into the the future and actually start releasing BDs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I'd be pretty kosher with it if it was either of the two--LotGH or Madoka Magica. I haven't seen either of them and no practically nothing about them, but I've heard they're both great. LotGH moreso than MM, though.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Justin Sevakis indicated at one time that there are some kind of wonky rights issues with LotGH that make its release all but impossible, so I doubt it is that. Mind you, probably not many people predicted they'd be behind the Utena re-issue, so maybe you just never know.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Justin Sevakis indicated at one time that there are some kind of wonky rights issues with LotGH that make its release all but impossible, so I doubt it is that. Mind you, probably not many people predicted they'd be behind the Utena re-issue, so maybe you just never know.

Maybe Nozomi was able to bribe Harmony Gold to get more Macross in the R1 area.

A LOGH release will probably never happen, but we can always dream.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
victor viper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I'll post the obligatory "maybe somehow Nozomi negotiated a deal with Toei for Sailor Moon". Of course, that deal will have to include the rights to Stars as well. Tie fighter cockpit---Star Wars---Stars---Sailor Moon.

Yeah, like that will happen. They did resurrect Utena from the dead, but surely that was a cheaper/easier license.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I actually suggested to TRSI (after their announcement of the first Utena set on their facebook page) to pick up Dennou Coil. The lady I was speaking to said she would pass the suggestion on.

Don't know how likely that is. But I would love to have it!

Same as the other two suggestions above.
John Casey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I know. Tie Fighter. Tie Fighters are fighters of the Empire. And theme of the empire is "Imperial March." Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6MYLtqL9T8

Now, this is how it works! "Imperial" is the connotation for something belonging to an Empire. Empire! It derives from the word "imperium", which stands for authority. Now, who's had authority in the past? The Russian Czars! Now, pay attention: Czar! When you split that word up, you get a c, z, a, r. R! R is the first word of "RightStuf". Aha! It's starting to make sense!

Now, we're done with R. We take March. March - marching. The processional walking in tandem with a rhythm. Oh snap! Rhythm! It also starts with an R!

See? It all makes sense!
Scormio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I've still got my money on them picking up Kimi ni Todoke. I dunno why, but it just seems like something they would pick up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3