• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Right Stuff International - ADV 40% Sale

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jstillion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I didn't see this in the forum when I took a quick look so I thought I mention it.

Normally I find that RS is a ok on price (not the greatest) and shipping too much but usually can't beat there sales they do from time to time.

-------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rightstuf.com/

We've got something truly frightening in store for you from now until Halloween... no, we aren't packing spiders into your orders, but we are having some frightfully great savings on select ADV titles!

From now until 10/31, get up to 40% OFF Retail Price on select ADV Films DVDs, VHS, and other great ADV products!*

*Restrictions: Items already heavily discounted (Weekly Specials, Bargain Bins, Closeout items, and specialty Imports) are excluded from coupon discounts.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:50 am Reply with quote
Doesn't work for newer manga title or pre-order.
Vekou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:58 am Reply with quote
40% off retail brings those titles down to DDD's regular prices. But DDD doesn't charge shipping.

DDD wins again.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:09 am Reply with quote
Yea shipping usually kill the deal. I wanted to order 3 ADV manga to try out, each reduce price down to 6.66 from 9.99. Add a 5 dollar shipping and final price comes to 24 dollar. I guess it's an okay deal if there's manga u really want.
jstillion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:58 am Reply with quote
Very Good point, thank you for pointing out DDD. I never realize how affordable DDD is. Smile
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Vekou wrote:
40% off retail brings those titles down to DDD's regular prices. But DDD doesn't charge shipping.

DDD wins again.

Actually at 40%, it just barely brings it down below DDD's regular prices. And if your order is over $100.00, you can also get the same media shipping rate (a.k.a. Economy) that DDD offers. In this case, it's just a tiny bit cheaper to go with the Right Stuf deal. Of course, that's really if you are just being a penny pincher. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jstillion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I might end up with Right Stuff International this time, I have the Got Anime Membership that bring it to 50% so I will do a price comparsion of the two orders through both of them and go with which one is cheaper.
Vekou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Actually at 40%, it just barely brings it down below DDD's regular prices. And if your order is over $100.00, you can also get the same media shipping rate (a.k.a. Economy) that DDD offers. In this case, it's just a tiny bit cheaper to go with the Right Stuf deal. Of course, that's really if you are just being a penny pincher. Smile

I don't think a "penny pincher" would spend over $100 on anime DVDs at once...
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:05 am Reply with quote
Granted, just trying to point out that for the (rare) moment, the Right stuf sale does edge out DDD just slightly... and if you are the sort of person to buy over $100 bucks worth, why not?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ac_dropout

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm always annoyed at the 4th class media mail used by DDD. I have no clue with the package is suppose to arrive.

How do you guys deal with it?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:17 pm Reply with quote
ac_dropout wrote:
I'm always annoyed at the 4th class media mail used by DDD. I have no clue when the package is suppose to arrive.

How do you guys deal with it?

Well, I live in Texas, and it just about always (99% of the time) arrives in 7 or 8 days, unless it's backordered, of course. Anime catgrin
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Granted, just trying to point out that for the (rare) moment, the Right stuf sale does edge out DDD just slightly... and if you are the sort of person to buy over $100 bucks worth, why not?

Yeah, at DDD, you can get as many as 6 DVD's for $100, unlike Suncoast, where 3 DVD's will get you to $100.

Also, I am going to buy as many as 8 DVD's per month from DDD at no more than $140 a month (Usually around $45 min to $70 max per paycheck. I have a huge backlog of what I want to buy, which could take me 4 years to get ahead). Previously I was buying almost exclusively at suncoast, and my does that get expensive, and it pretty much nearly costs double to buy at Suncoast, I also then started buying more at Best Buy, before I found DDD.

Oh, and DDD's free shipping takes 10 days for me here in Louisiana. As for New York, I would expect it in a max of 15 days. Better go expedited shipping for $4.95 - 3-5 day shipping through that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1