• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Story of Saiunkoku - question.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saikano75

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Okay so I went to the anime page for it and I couldn't find my answer. I know this anime hasn't been touched since the last episode of the second seaon and I have seen some topics and questions on Yahoo and other sites asking about a third season.

Now isn't it true the manga of this anime is still being made? If so then wouldn't that be a reason there is no third season made? I mean I know not every anime has a third season or even has the last of the manga animated, but could there still be hope for this anime? I mean look at what they did with Inuyasha. It ended in 2004 and came back six years later to finish the rest of it.

So anyways does anyone know if this maga is still being written?
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote
saikano75 wrote:
Now isn't it true the manga of this anime is still being made? ...So anyways does anyone know if this maga is still being written?

Actually, the original version of The Story of Saiunkoku is a series of Japanese light novels in the first place. Not a manga.
The Saiunkoku novels are still written, and a new volume will be published in June of 2011.
As to the manga version of Saiunkoku, it is irregularly carried in Monthly Asuka. Volume 7 of the manga version was released in March.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1