• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haruhi S2 replacement program - mono JP track issue

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I was reading through the press releases and this got my attention. I also took a look at some of the older threads in the Retail boards and remember seeing this issue. This is for the mono sound on the Japanese audio track issue that some people have.

It took Bandai Entertainment a long time (like always) but at least they have a replacement program going. This is also for Haruhi-chan DVD 1 if you have it.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:58 am Reply with quote
HAH! F you Bandai for calling me a liar and then not returning my ticket when I gave you specifics! It wasn't just select copies of it, it was EVERY COPY.

Ya know what I'm gonna do??? I'm gonna go get myself one of these replacements and sell off my season sets (so another fan out there wont get gimped) I'm going to use that cash to go towards the Japanese Blu-ray set. I will never ever ever again give Bandai Ent a penny of mine for any of their Haruhi products. NEVER.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:20 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm about to order TMoHS 2 from TRSI ... I wonder if they have the replacement discs yet? To tell you the truth, this wouldn't be a huge issue for me, because I'm not that interested in the subbed track.
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
HAH! F you Bandai for calling me a liar and then not returning my ticket when I gave you specifics! It wasn't just select copies of it, it was EVERY COPY.

Ya know what I'm gonna do??? I'm gonna go get myself one of these replacements and sell off my season sets (so another fan out there wont get gimped) I'm going to use that cash to go towards the Japanese Blu-ray set. I will never ever ever again give Bandai Ent a penny of mine for any of their Haruhi products. NEVER.

Ironic in that just yesterday I sold off my copy of their initial print complete collection...

Reading this nonsense, I'm with ya.
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has gotten their replacement DVDs yet. Smile
EricDent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I am not sure if they would even take mine back. Mostly cause I don't keep reciepts, and the box is a bit "beat up".

Not that I have watched it in Japanese yet.
RoverTX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote
EricDent wrote:
I am not sure if they would even take mine back. Mostly cause I don't keep reciepts, and the box is a bit "beat up".

The case they picked is horrible. My DVDs in it fell out during transit with plenty of packaging. Its just a cheap case, so I am afraid since my DVDs are all scratched up, but playable, that they wont take mine either......
EricDent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote
They should have used a thin-pack type box IMO.
Or just stuck with the single DVD case that holds multiple discs, instead of a rather thick version that did the same thing.

BTW any word when the Movie is getting a US release?

Or if the Haruhi-Chan show will get a release outside of the Bandai store?

BTW is that show any good?
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so I just got my replacement discs today. The packaging was a little iffy (paper sleeves loosely dropped in a padded envelope), but the discs were in great condition. They also threw in a Lucky Star screen wipe... Not that I like Lucky Star that much, but I certainly appreciate the gesture! Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1